Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Question on Using FS2000 stuff in FS2002

Does anyone know if the following add-ons are able to be used in FS2002?1. Mad Dog 98/20002. Pilot's L1011 for 98/2000Both of these products are very good - there is still nothing that I have come across that even compares to Mad Dog for MD-8x panels. Paul Golding's work for FS2000 is great stuff, but I still like the Mad Dog panel just a tad more. As far as the L10-11 panels go, there is nothing out there that compares to the version that Pilot's put out for FS98/2000.I would try and install these two add-ons into FS2002, but as I am not as familiar (yet) with the FS2002 directory and file structure and what to do in case of screwups (i.e. which files to backup prior to fooling around with add-ons), I'd like an answer from someone who has tried it and knows it works.Thanks,MA717

I can't answer your question directy, but it's easy to try.The folder structure of FS2K2 is the same as FS2K.Just make sure that, when unzipping files,you don't overwrite gauges or sounds in the FS2002gauges and sounds folder.Also, the way to include panels in existing aircraft is exactly like FS2K.Rob

Well, the long and short of it is that it doesn't work.Using Pilot's L10-11 generated "Open Registry" warnings upon selecting the aircraft and after the flight was created. It Crashed to Desktop (CTD) on EUCOM_L1011_LAMP1_FAKE_RED.gau.FS2002 wouldn't work at all if I allowed it to run LAGOIntf.dll upon startup and CTD.Without LAGOIntf.dll running, FS2002 crashed after aircraft selection and texture/scenery load but prior to aircraft/panel being displayed on M80_SET.gau.Oh well - I guess we'll have to wait for something good to come along for L10-11 or MD8x panels/aircraft.

Sorry to hear that ..Yes, not everything will work under FS2K2.But at least you didnot mess up your system by installing it, did you ? Rob