Sign in to follow this  

I am TIRED of flightsim.com!!!!!!!!

Alright I am starting to get really upset here with flightsim.com I CAN NEVER GET IN. I have been setting here for a damn 25 MINUTES! trying to get in and all the "nodes" are busy. Its REALLY starting to ##### me off. Sorry for my crude language but this has been going on for a while. Is there aNYTHING we can do to get flightsim.com to allow more people in. I haved tried emailing them and they come back with a sorry answer saying "too bad, we do what we can". YEA RIGHT! I mean flightsim.com has great planes, files, etc but its such a pain to try and get into! I am not going to pay for access to freeware add-ons. Anyone else seem to have this problem with flightsim.com? Also, has anyone seen a Delta ATR42/72 they can get me? :0)

Tho most people over there are really nice,there are a few that have a very smug attitudeas is evedenced in the reply they gave you.All(or most)of the aircraft you find over thereare here at Avsim and if not then give Simviationa try. there are a lot of good sim sites out therethat you don't even have to THINK about FlightSim.comMy home is Avsim.

I haven't been able to get into flightsim.com for months, so I don't bother these days, I just pop in sometimes to see the DF forum.

Alaister Kay

I have to second Denver Dave. Between Avsim and Simviation, I have found everything I need. :-wave Ron from behind the Cheddar Curtain. :-wave.

Guest SoarPics

Hi, Ron... Cool to see you here.Justin, just want to make sure you are aware of the "F5" trick. When the "all nodes are busy" message appears, simply press the F5 key repeatedly until you get in. This method usually gets me in within a minute or two, though I try to avoid downloading from there. It is agonizingly slow on my DSL line, and... well Avsim is my home. At least until they banish me. :-lol Good luck,

I dont waste my time with Flightsim.com either. The only way the site is in any way of use is if you have a membership. I cant believe the number of people that support the idea of paying for freeware. Even more surprising is that so many freeware developers support the site as well. Avsim has as much bandwitdth costs as FS.com and yet they remain free. I would be willing to bet FS.com is making a nice profit off their big freeware library. Thanks to Avsim for running such a great site and keeping it the way it should be...Free.mb505

Yes: F5 and then ENTER, over and over and then within 2 minutes you're in. It has NEVER failed for me in about a hundred times I've accessed flightsim.com files in the last month, including today a few minutes ago, yesterday, etc. Day or night.== WHK ==

Simple part 1)put anniette in the search engine = get deltasimple part 2)delete from Favorites Fs.comTwo steps to save your stress level from going off the dial lolAnniette xxxxxxx

Well put. I think we forget sometimes how much "heart" goes into these sites.Easy to forget, easy to be reminded.Thanks for the reminder,bt

>I mean flightsim.com has great planes, files, etc but its such a >pain to try and get into! I am not going to pay for access to >freeware add-ons. I don't see it as paying for access to freeware. Hosting the site is not free, someone's paying for it. How much would it cost the freeware author to host his files on his own web site ???When you download files freely, someone, somewhere is paying for it.Put this in the proper perspective, if access to the site is so important to you that you're getting 'this' upset over it, then you really should consider paying for uninhibited access.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I just registered the money to have ready access. Didntparticularly like to, but its important to support thesehigh bandwidth sites (Avsim.com too!). It costs a frigginmint to run a download site and I got tired of being lockedout by node limits.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Justin - I've heard others complain about trouble getting in to flightsim.com, but I don't remember ever having a problem. I check their main page and forum almost daily (I have both bookmarked). You might try temporarily turning off your internet security program...if it is blocking cookies, or whatever it does, sometimes that can cause a problem. For example, I have to disable my security program in order to download any files from avsim or flightsim. Just a thought. SteveJ.

Guest Matt Johnson

And, I think that sums up the situation nicely.As Uwe said earlier, both sites provide a service, both sites provide more or less the same amount of files daily (don't believe us? compare the stats for yourself!), and both sites have a readership. :)This really is a dead horse, flogged _beyond_ death.--M