Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

best freeware turboprop?

Guest Mark Hazeldine

I'm looking for the best freeware turoprop models for fs2002, any suggestions? Ideally will be a passenger twin with a vc but good flight dynamics are my priority (especially ground handling). I already have the ATR (Avianova) and its great except the flight dynamics!

Allied FS Group make a SUPERB NAMC Ys-11, twin prop Japanese airliner. I love it. It flies great and is a doll in the air in all phases of flight. Go there now:http://www.alliedfsgroup.com/Regards,JS

Guest oyvindhansen

I think the Fokker-50 package by Espen Oijordsbakken is great. The VC is not spectacular, but handling and dynamics are good, and the 2D panel is a great systems simulator.- Oyvind

Guest Rob

The YS-11 by the Allied FS Group is certainly a winner! I recommend waiting for the FFG Saab-340, it promises to be fantastic!

Rob:That fantastic-looking Saab by FFG has been in the works for about a year now. Will it ever be released?!JS

You've been around long enough to know better than to ask a question like that. Ask any good freeware group how long it takes them to develop a top model. If you can do it quicker, go for it.For everyone else, yes, of course it will be released...when it's ready. And I'm sure it will be great. In the meantime, HJG just released a fun Jetstream. No VC, but a stable flight model that feels good to me (no RW experience).Matt

>You've been around long enough to know better than to ask a >question like that. :-hmmmI have been around probably even longer than you and I find such questions (will it ever be released ?) within the norm. I have seen too many ambitious freeware projects to disappear into oblivion and never to be heard again.Michael J.

Guest Rob

Hey JS,I certainly hope they will be releasing the Saab! Pascal Linder from FFG released some more screenshots into the screenshot foruma few days ago. I will certainly be very disappointed if they don't release, especially with such a good panel to go with it.

Guest Boone

I second that! The new ATR42-500 is one of the best and without doubt the best 2d and 3d cockpit available for a 2 engine prop.Boone

Guest Mark Hazeldine

What dash 7?! I looked on your site but see no preview. BTW i've got the ATR already but the ground handling is awful. You have to use full throttle (almost) to get it to move and then it shoots of at high speed. When you brake for a corner it stop halfway around the corner and never gets going again. If you've ever tried Flight1's Cessna 421 or PA's A320 you'll know how much better ground handling COULD be.PS. I know FS2002 is at fault partly, but FSD's Cheyenne and Commander are turboprops and they handle well.

So where do I get this ATR 42-500 ? I would love to try that out. Have flown (as passenger of course) on it for quite some time out of my regional airport.