Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rob

Don - Alaska , what an amazing place!

Guest Iain Spowart

Hi there :-)As you may (or may not!) know, I work in a photo printing lab. One of our customers has just returned from a cruise from Vancouver up the West coast of Alaska and has handed in loads of films of their trip.I am in awe of the scenery and will shortly be applying for a position with either Bush Flying Unlimited or Don's Alaskan Bush Charters! (Or both!)It's a lot like Scotland (it seems to rain a lot!) so I'll feel right at home :-)Iain Spowart,Scotland.Webmaster and photographer,Scottish Claymores 2002Cheerleaders Fan Sitehttp://avsim.iainspowart.com/2002-s.jpghttp://www.claymorescheerleaders.com

Guest Lindy

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. There are loads of great scenery areas for both BFU and ABC and some nifty aircraft to fly too.Of course it goes without saying that both BFU and ABC have some of the best people as well. :-)-Lindy :-wave

Guest Iain Spowart

Hi Lindy!You're not Don! (Or are you?)I'm looking forward to getting back into FlightSim after a summer of updating my web-site every day during the NFL Europe season! (Not to mention buying Grand Prix Legends and learning how to drive race-cars that don't handle!)I've just re-installed FS and I bought the DF Archer last Sunday and I'm amazed at how stunningly good it is! It may not be the best plane for bush flying so I'll stick to 'civilised' charter flights until FSD release their updated PC-6 Porter!Look forward to seeing you at BFU :-)Iain Spowart,Scotland.

Guest Rob

Hey Iain,Yes! Alaska certainly is a VERY impressive place. I've never had the pleasure of exploring fully, just flying in and out of Anchorage airport on a passenger/cargo stop on my way to Tokyo.Does it rain a lot up there? I would have thought snow :D.

Guest Iain Spowart

'52" Sony Plasma Monitor'How big???? Wow!Iain Spowart,Scotland.

Guest Rob

Hangs on the wall...but it's a bi/ch of a thing to paint around. (Taking it down is WAAYYY too tricky).

Guest Iain Spowart

My heart bleeds for you... NOT! :-lolIain Spowart,Scotland.

You KNOW the door is open for you my friend! (You have to bring Linda with you!!) :) It is a remarkable place. Just too damned cold! ;)Hope to see you on the ramp soon buddy!Don

Exactly Francois. BFU is located in other places then I am. By joining both you could fly just about anywhere in AK. Alot of members are in both. Join the fun!Don

Guest Rob

--->Join both<---That sounds like a good idea Don, I might just have to that myself!