Sign in to follow this  

FSUIPC v2.88 out now...

For those who are loathe to mess around with the CH control manager,this new version adds the capability of assigning characters to buttons. It appears, however, that 2.88 will not allow you to assign just a modifier keypress to a button. I found this out when I tried to assign the left control key to my button 1 on my CH yoke (left control is what I use for my push to talk on Roger Wilco). 2.88 would not take it. However, it _would_ allow a standard character to be assigned.I was then going to look for a "standard" key combo not used by FS to assign to the button (so I could use that for the push-to-talk key) but at that moment my wife (aka "She Who Must Be Obeyed" :) ) demanded I come down to dinner before going to work. I won't be able to get back to my FS computer till tomorrow.So, does anybody have any suggestions on a good key combo (maybe ctl-shift-something) to use for the RW push to talk?Warren Madden

Guest Rob

Hey Warren,Ctrl-Shft-Enter works for me, they are all grouped together nicely. :D.

Pete Dowson (who I believe must be some kind of genius...) does it again!I have a gameport yoke and have waited for about two years to find a way to use one of the buttons for press to talk on Roger Wilco, and this new version of FSUIPC does it...before I could only assign the AETI PFC yoke buttons to FS commands, and couldn't map to a keyboard command. No more taking a hand off the yoke when responding to a controller. I had to use the repeat function in the button menu so that RW will continue to transmit...which means it continues to transmit for a couple seconds after I release the button, but other than that, it's fine.Also bought a USB connected (digital) headphone set and have RW linked to that, so I get ATC on VATSIM via the headphone and no more trying to hear it over the engine noise.Any way, thanks to Pete Dowson and others my cockpit voice protocol is now much more like a real one...Chris (PHNL)Also, the correct link to the new FSUIPC is http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

I installed this but the SeervInfo gauge is now scrambled. Is anybody elese having this problem?RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Downloaded and installed but when FS2002 loads it is mostly frozen. Cannot move throttle with throttle device or with mouse as an example. No other items work with mouse either. Hat switch does change views ok. I have deleted the fsuipc.ini file also.Remove fsuipc.dll and restart FS2002 and same issues. Reboot then all ok.XP, 1ghz, 512mb, GMax 400 64mbDick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

If any of you have been able to make RogerWilco accept the PTT from a USB CH Yoke, clue me in. I've tried everything, and I can't seem to make it work for me. Does the stick in question HAVE to be a gameport stick, or will it work with USB. I use ScrollLock for my transmit button, and when I have FS loaded with the new mapping, I hit the button I've assigned that keypress to and see the ScrollLock light come on on my keyboard, but the "Transmit" dialogue doesn't appear in RW.Thanks.

Hey Hoss, I have basicly the same set-up, only difference is my yoke IS a gameport yoke. Same choice of button also. Unfortunately I have the same result as you. Hopefully someone can help us (and a bunch of other people, I would guess) Have fun!Fred Zealor, Private PilotUnder looong final to 30 at KSAC

Thanks for confirming that with me Fred. Thought I was just stupid and didn't know what I was doing.I wound up reinstalling 2.87 for this reason: I noticed my back right view is now hazed over for no reason in 2.88. I reinstalled 2.87, and all is OK again. I have an Athlon 1.2g, 256mb PC133 RAM, Asus V7700 (GeForce 2 GTS Deluxe) with 32mb (21.81a Asus Detonator drivers), SB !Live PCI.I may try updating the video drivers this evening, but am incredibly afraid to do so, as every time I've tried previously it's given me fits. If the new drivers are stable enough, and it fixes that problem, I'll report back here for anyone else with a similiar setup.