Sign in to follow this  
Guest AAF

Question expressly to AVSIM admin

Guest AAF

............................................................................................................................................Would you guys ever consider a sig contest? Just something like a little friendly competition. Just thought i'd ask :) , thanks for replying if you ever get this message and decide to do so.

"Would you guys ever consider a sig contest?"Actually we have never thought of it. But now that you mention it, a big MAYBE results. :)

Guest AAF

Heh, cool beans. Thanks for the re-ply, Tom :D .

Guest Jeff S KDTW
Guest Joshieca

With sigs...Smaller is better!

Guest Timbo

I don't want to rain on everyone's parade, but what would be the point? :-hmmm Another screenshot contest would be fun, on the overhand. :)[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:www.fsworldonline.com/~timsfsstudio]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated July 20th!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Guest AAF

I was thinking that the point is because a person can really let their creativity go on a signature. As long as they keep filesize within reason, they can add animation, special effects, and the whole lot. I mean, with a screenshot, there's only so much you can do, and yes, that can also be gratifying if you make it look real, but I sort of feel like the buck stops there. Maybe I'm wrong. A sig contest (maybe even like a weekly thing) may be a departure from the screen contest. I mean, I've seen screen contests before, and I have yet to see a flightsim site that offers a sig contest. And a good and creative signature can also be as eye-popping to look at as a good screenshot, especially if it makes you go "wow, I wonder how he/she did that!". I would also understand if by "Screenshot Contest" you would allow *edits* as well, but again, a sig contest may just be a nice little departure, if only for one time.