Sign in to follow this  

FScene2002 USA Summer Textures question

Hello, I noticed that FSScene 2002 USA Summer Textures was released recently and I've been looking at the screenshots. It looks pretty good but I just need to see more screenshots. I want to ask for your opinion before I shell out 25 euro dollars. And posting screenshots would also be great!Thanks,Brian

Hi Brian, I, like you, thought about doing this but after reading a thread on this topic about a week ago, the problem would be the autogen files as they would be displace everywhere, which in turn means that they won't be place in a logical location. You can see the evidence of this if you use some 3rd party textures. So I am saying with the default textures. jd

I posted the thread about fsscene. The topic pertained to autogen buildings being placed in what appears as farmland. The problem is not with fsscene but autogen. I first would like to apologize to Ruud (author) as I had jumped the gun by posting a somewhat negative post without really looking at the default textures and those created by Lennart. After looking at all of these textures (primarily farm land textures) autogen places buildings within these types of landclasses regardless. What I had noticed was that because fsscene uses a much brighter vibrant selection of colors, the autogen buildings stand out much more than the others. From what I can tell by comparing the different textures of the same landclass, all have the autogen autogen buildings placed within and without bias. So it really comes down to preference. I personally love the fsscene textures and colors but because the autogen buildings are much more visible within some landclass types, I have chose not to use them. This is a personal choice. Let me say that the textures used are very well done and Ruud has done a beautiful job on installing a 3d sort of look to his textures which does offer a much greater sense of depth than any other textures I have seen.RegardsBobG