Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

Sorry to hear from Smbuild!!!!

I'am shocked to read that Simbuild has closed. They just released the best planes ever for FS2002. I think we should have great respect for all the developers of aircraft etc., because they keep our game or hobby alive!. Without these developers flightsim can't progress.So Treat developers for our game as pioniers and hero's, who keep our hobby alive and give us something to enjoy!!!I hope this is a clear message!!!.Discussion is okay, but keep it on a friendly and respectfull level!Cheers and best regards,

I'm totally agree with you. There are always a few who write effensive comments, and this is one result that you can expect from that (if that was the cause).Maybe in the future those concerned, will choose to keep their comments to themselves.You never know they might have closed their site to stop this sort of thing, but if it was me, i'd take no notice and keep on working behind closed doors on a new, just as good project.Proberly the best thing to do would be to just release something, but leave no contact email addresses. That way, one could study other forums (avsim) to read comments and to also see what needs improving.ie. do it all behind closed doors!I sure hope thats whats happening....OR maybe Simubuild is going payware?? (pure speculation ;) )Will

>OR maybe Simubuild is going payware?? (pure speculation ;) ) >>>Will i think half of em go payware or got positions offered by dreamfleet(who had to shut down their a340 after all due to simubuilds 346 and them loosing all potential market) and the other half end up forming a new group or get absorbed by existing groups and keep doing freeware

Losing market because of a freeware model? Are you nuts? Dreamfleet was working on a whole package, they most likely decided not to pursue it once they realised how much work it would involve to faithfully reproduce the Airbus flight model. Only PSS have done it, more or less, and copped an incredible ammount of s*** over it in the process.I doubt payware groups are interested in any new "members". Most of them already have well established artists on their payrolls.

Guest joea

Geez you said the same crap on the other thread, Dreamfleet did NOT cancel their A340 because of simubuild. Get it??? I love freeware but the only thing these freeware groups provide are nice models with, if they have a good FDE guy, a decent airfile. (But even that's not a guarantee) Tell me why DF who is making great complete packages (with FMC probably implementation of the Airbus Laws had they gone ahead with it) with a second to none panel would be afraid of losing sales when at least some simmmers would buy the DF A340 for the panel and swap the model for the Simubuild A340, LIKE I DID WITH PIC/POSKY. Really can't understand why people repeat the same stupid ignorant statements.

Guest Skedflyer

I read these forums alot, don't really post much, because I really don't have much to say.There are a great deal of people I respect on these forums, but then at times I read the most ignorant, selfish posts (not directed and anyone in this post). The freeware community comes under constant attack from a selective group that feel freeware developers owe it to them to do every thing they ask for. Now Simubuild shut there doors for there own reasons, and I will respect that, they put there hard work and love into giving so much for nothing, and for this we owe them a 10,000 thank you's (and this goes out to all freeware developers & painters) for sharing there talent with all.Now really lets just keep this post going with Thank You's for therehard work, and not question the motives.THANK YOUAnd DF shutting down the 340 because of Simubuild? .....ahhhhhh...no

Guest flightpro08

>i think half of em go payware or got positions offered by dreamfleet (who had to shut down their a340 after all due to >simubuilds 346 and them loosing all potential marketYou know that's not true. Why say something like that? Some people these days...Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer

Guest joea

I see some people can't respond to logic I guess I win then...