Sign in to follow this  

Cant access certain a/craft in fs2002 standard.

I have FS 2002 std edition. Looking in Explorer I can see a couple of "extra" aircraft--Dash8 and a Piper for instance.These do not show up in the actual game though .Anyone know how to access at all ?

G'day,Those aircraft are used for the AI, (Artificial Intelligence), Air Traffic Control aircraft and straight out of the box are not flyable. You can make them flyable in the Pro version by using the aircraft editor but as you have the Standard version why don't you try downloading some of the other great freeware aircraft available here. They will probably look and fly better than the basic AI aircaft.Mark Underwood(Adelaide)

bob d/l a file called aired.zip. in this file u will see a number105=aircraft type 2. change this to 0 it will show in your a/c listing but u will have to d/l a panel.btw my name is bob aswell. perth australia

Mark---thanks a lot for the info .I do feel a bit of a dope ! but we live and learn bob

Bob---thanks for the help---Just on another thing have you seen any add ons for Perth scenery or west aust for that matter > I saw some site called satcom I think which featured landclass scenery ---have you any experience with this .All the best Bob Dyson

Mark--just on another subject have you seen any scenery for the western side of Aust at all ? Have you heard of Landclass scenery ?best regards bob

bob further to your post u can change the air file in 2002 std edition, if u change md83,piper& dash8 they are all flyable, but as i said u have to add a panel regards bob perth australia

Bob, not to sure on the Perth/Western Australia scenery, most of what I have is of the eastern states, (usual story). Try a search here at avsim.Landclass scenery, (and I stand to be corrected here), is scenery that is 'tweaked' to reflect more accurately where autogen and generic scenry places it's textures. This makes the scenery more accurate and realistic. I have tried some for South Australia and Tasmania and it makes a great difference with virtually no hit on frame rates. Go to this link to try some out;http://www.devtas.net/tassie_airports.htmdrop us a line if you are loking for other Aussie sitesMark Underwood(Adelaide, Australia)