Sign in to follow this  
Guest ihorizon

Who is using Simbird's unofficial patch?

Guest ihorizon

I'm using it and it works excellent. By just undocking the main panel, you have full function. I had trouble getting the his video displays to work properly so I just abandoned that and just undock the main panel and it works. Ugly as sin, but it is functional. Thanks Simbird!!!I am having trouble with the joystick. I downloaded the FSUIPC for FS2K4 and managed to calibrate using both XP's calibration and FSUIPC as well. But the joystick tends to stick, especially the rudder and the elevators. Taxing is a pain in the rear. Usually I have to load a default a/c and go back to the PIC and start all over. When I get to a runway, I reload the runway so I'll be perfectly centered.How does one use the FSUIPC to calibrate the joystick? Anyone having these problems using Simbird's patch?And to Simbird: Great job and great short-term solution! My hat's off to you.John in Auburn, Ga

I have the same issue (I just undocked the windows, but still).The control spike problem doesn't seem to be something that FSUIPC seems to fix. the values aren't really sticking (look in calibration, wail on your pedals back and forth and they don't stick). It appears to be a reading somewhere in the joystick handler of PIC, one of the minor things which would need to be properly fixed.I just activate auto-rudder and use my yoke to steer. Makes crosswinds harder, but until someone comes up with something more elegant, there's a patch, or a new better product comes along we're kinda stuck.Luck!P

I copied my '02 install over to my fs9 directory, and had the same problem with the rudder. Remembered that at some point I had added rudder_effectiveness=xx to the aircraft.cfg. Commented out that line and now it seems to work ok.

STOP with these posts - FS2004 has been out - count'em 5 days!The team will respond in good time.For gawd's sake people. Patience is a virtue.DS CVA3339 / UKD149System: Attlon 900 McW Hamster/Gerbilized Quantum Accessible 55Gig Iodized-Encrusted Four-poster with Mega-brill Farzenhuuven http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Guest Wills402

This makes at least the 4th or 5th identical post from you DS so if you don't have anything constructive to add then just "Stop with these posts" and quit spamming us.William

I love when the trolls come out to play!DS CVA3339 / UKD149System: Attlon 900 McW Hamster/Gerbilized Quantum Accessible 55Gig Iodized-Encrusted Four-poster with Mega-brill Farzenhuuven http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Guest ACA856_at_work3

Where's my gun.This stuff really gets up my nose.

So ummm... who's the troll?For your information, there will be no Fs2004 patch for the current version. Therefore it's up to the COMMUNITY to work out a way to use it in FS2004.So either join the movement or leave people to discuss the issue in peace.Cause like it or not, THAT'S WHAT THIS FORUM IS HERE FOR.

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

Howard,Thanks for joining us. Did you develop and/or programme 767PIC? I don't think so.Go ahead and tinker with the 767PIC to work with FS9. Just don't discuss it here. The developers/owners of the code have never said there will be NO PATCH for FS9, but I think they may rconsider when they see how EASY it is for the COMMUNITY to cobble something FRANKENSTEIN-LIKE to work with FS9.Really, be patient. 6 days now since FS9 was released.Hmmm, I recall that this feeding frenzy occurred when FS2002 was released as well.DS CVA3339 / UKD149System: Attlon 900 McW Hamster/Gerbilized Quantum Accessible 55Gig Iodized-Encrusted Four-poster with Mega-brill Farzenhuuven http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

LVLDF1.gif

Guest ACA856_at_work3

"Hmmm, I recall that this feeding frenzy occurred when FS2002 was released as well."Which led to the general departure of most of the WELP team from this forum for a long time (that and the 'theft' of the patch by the same 'types' who are demanding an FS2004 fix now - it is ridiculous and to defend them is even worse!)...the minority again screw things up for the majority on this forum. Shame on them!

Guest ihorizon

With people discussing any unofficial "patch," would it not be unreasonable for all discussions regarding this subject to be nuked from the forum? Wouldn't Mr Allensworth come in here, lecture or shut the forum down and ban any posters from posting on this topic?So far we have heard nothing from the PIC team or Wilco regarding this matter. If any one of them were to make an official statement asking for those of us to "cease and desist" on discussing any unofficial "patches," I don't see what the problem is. If they do ask such, then I'll gladly refrain from participating or starting any new threads on this subject.RespectfullyJohn in Auburn, Ga

On 8/5/2003 at 1:46 PM, DShutt said:

Howard,Thanks for joining us. Did you develop and/or programme 767PIC? I don't think so.Go ahead and tinker with the 767PIC to work with FS9. Just don't discuss it here. The developers/owners of the code have never said there will be NO PATCH for FS9, but I think they may rconsider when they see how EASY it is for the COMMUNITY to cobble something FRANKENSTEIN-LIKE to work with FS9.Really, be patient. 6 days now since FS9 was released.Hmmm, I recall that this feeding frenzy occurred when FS2002 was released as well.DS CVA3339 / UKD149System: Attlon 900 McW Hamster/Gerbilized Quantum Accessible 55Gig Iodized-Encrusted Four-poster with Mega-brill Farzenhuuven http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

How's that 757 coming along big boy? 😆

Edited by PebbleBeach