Sign in to follow this  

HELP WITH MSFS 2002

I've lost all cockpit lighting when flying at night and in some planes, even the cabin lighting is black. That is, the cockpit and plane is dark on spot plane and tower view at night. This is the same for all aircraft. Is there a file that possibly got deleted and can be replaced without having to re-install the entire game?Thanks.Fever

Guest Rob

Hey Fever,I think simply pressing "L" will do the trick. Just sounds like you have turned your lights off.

If you've noticed this in virtual cockpit mode, you might want to check the "lights" setting in display settings. Maxing it at "8" should ensure that all lighting appears properly... I don't know if this impacts spot plane or tower view, but it might if something was changed. In addition, make sure everything's maxed in your aircraft display settings. -John

Thanks guys but all lighting a graphics settings are at max.Also, pressing L toggels all lights (beacon, landing, tail etc) on and off EXCEPT for the cockpit and cabin.Any other suggestions?Fever

To rule out a FS setting, try this. Rename your FS2002.cfg to FS2002.sav, then launch FS2002. FS will build a new config file, which will allow you to try lighting with everything at the default settings, using the default startup situation. If lighting works, you know it's a problem with the original cfg file. If it doesn't, then you have at least ruled out an FS setting as the problem, and you can focus on the saved situations and/or a faulty aircraft.cfg...-John

Nothing works thanks for tryint to help. I even tried re-installing the game but I still can't get cockpit lighting. Damn 3rd party software probably did it and when I re-installed, the 3rd party software was still there!Any help would be appreciated. Is there any way to default back to the games original components?Thanks,Fever