Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

B25 and R4D - Roy speaks

Guest Lizardo

I must have missed something. All I see "newsy" is that MAAM backed out of the B25.

Guest mikehaska

"when you consider it has been me personally who has been the leading force in the raising of over $77,000 for the museum to get the R4D back into the air, specifically due to my innovations and policy."God bless you, St. Roy. :-roll Don't read his letter on a full stomach- it'll make you very nausious!I think the fact that MAAM will have no part in his group speaks volumes about him.

Guest Timbo

The thing abot him raising $77,000 by himself is the biggest load of bull**** I've ever read... :-roll[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:www.fsworldonline.com/~timsfsstudio]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated July 20th!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Before anybody gets the idea of voicing strong opinions here..... just a friendly warning... This obviously is a topic that could easily rasie some neck hairs and we will lock the thread if it gets out of hand... real quick !!Let's restrain ourselves and keep our thoughts to ourselves if they are not being able to be expressed in a thoughtful and gentle(wo)manly way ;-)________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

LoL!!!Hey Francois,I would NEVER say anything derogatory towards the self-proclaimed savior of MAAM

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

..."Don't read his letter on a full stomach- it'll make you very nausious!"Sorry, just ate, didn't take your advice and read "His" version of what transpired....Oh no...I think...I think... :-erks :-erks :-erks Too late. Sorry, I'll get the mop and bucket and clean it up myself! :)Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest oyvindhansen

"Those of you who know me, will know that I live my life by a pretty strict moral code, and pride myself in the way I deal with others, and as a result I am a

But please, could someone kill that disastrous 'muzak' on his site... ;(8 :-grrRule #1a in web-design: NEVER embed midi-files on websites. It scares people away... hmmm, which is not a bad thing in this case, actually :-roll

[a href=http://www.xs4all.nl/~alex4all" target="_blank]Click here for 360

Guest GalacticCowboy

Those of you who know me, will know that I live my life by a pretty strict moral code, and pride myself on never visiting web pages with embedded midi. ;)

For those of you who are confused as to just who was in charge "over there", go here and scroll to the bottom of the page.http://www.roychaffin.com/r4dfaq.htmlAnd you wonder why some of the "Team" were upset when "Someone" arbitrarily announced the cancellation of THEIR project.It seems that "He" seriously needs to update the RCS website! :-lolRegards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings!Since the last paragraphs on that page are apparently written by Bill Rambow, I reckon they reflect his exact views on the matter. According to Rambow the construction seems clear then. RCS Panels is (was) the mother organization, and the R4D project is (was) a daughter. Rambow states that Chaffin is the owner of RCS Panels, a position that undoubtedly empowers him to cancel any RCS project, like in this case the R4D project.It's a pity that the blokes there finished up on a collision course. But when cooperation seems no longer possible, someone has to break the ties. It seems that, according to the set-up described by Rambow, Chaffin as the boss of RCS Panels was the only qualified person to make such a decision. But oh, how one wishes these things could have been settled in a friendly atmosphere...Jaap Verduijn.

Regarding "A Few Facts" (very few!) by RCYou guys are great. I mean it. :-) You are obviously not easily fooled. :-beerchug I do want to point out a couple of discrepancies I see in the posts here, though, and rebutt a couple of other points.First, I want to say that I had no intention of saying anything further in public about this person. We (MAAM) offered to remove certain wording from our press release on the MAAM site that he found distasteful, if he would also refrain from mud-slinging. We have kept our part of the bargain, as you will see if you go read it now. I have expunged all mention of him or his part in the formation of MAAM-SIM. We would go our way and RCS theirs and move into the future with our respective projects. Apparently, Roy could not resist a further personal attack, though. Fine. His choice. To Lizardo, MAAM has certainly not backed away from the B-25. If you take a look at that Press Release on www.maam.org you will see that the MAAM-SIM Team will finish the B-25J 'Briefing Time" Simulation along with the Gmax R4D. The only thing the museum is 'backing away from' is RCS. Now, to correct some revisionist history for Jaap: No, RCS is NOT the parent organization. I formed the original R4D Team, recruiting Roy to help with gauge coding, and, for the second edition, your countryman, my good friend Jan Visser to provide my panel with a plane. You can look at the manual of version 1, (it's on the R4D CD) if you are really interested in learning the whole history of how the R4D project and The R4D Team came to be. Or, ironically, you can go look at the oldest archived news items on Roy's very own website. There you will learn from His own pen that he was assisting me on my R4D project. Read up and you will also see, as the project grew in fame and popularity, how Roy gradually assumed ownership and talked always of RCS, and never "The R4D Team', by virtue of his website becoming the home for the package. With RC, it's all about personal fame and credit, you see. If you doubt that, take a look at a very recent, and very relevant literary creation by Him... (OOGAH!, OOGAH! WARNING! the aforementioned full-stomach caution should be strictly adhered to) Scroll down and read the paragraph above the picture of Roy and 'Briefing Time' at this URL, if you dare...http://www.roychaffin.com/paws2002/chaffin.htmlOK, if you are done paying homage to the porcelain godess now, wipe your chin. Keep in mind that what you have just read, despite the third person style, was all written by Roy, Himself, and is buried in the art portion of his website where most flight simmers never stray. Notice a few missing details? I believe further editorial comment on my part would be superfluous. This is RC in a nutshell, and in his own words. It seems a bit odd to me that Roy can not fathom the reason MAAM turned down his generous offer of the B-25, considering he himself told MAAM that they had to choose between RCS and MAAM-SIM and could not "run both options". It was a tough decision for Russ to make... On the one hand, he could have the RCS built B-25, but without my panels and views, after which Roy and his team would embark on their multi-plane BBMF project, OR, Russ could choose the Rambow - Visser - Banting B-25 along with their Gmax R4D, to be followed by a whole series of MAAM aircraft packages, all to benefit the museum. Yeah, I can see why Roy would find that a terribly difficult choice to make! ;-) There is also the fact that Russ remembers very well who walked in the museum door in 1999, and who has produced every single CD, and who conceived both the R4D and B-25 projects.As far as His claim that the Gmax R4D was "sub-standard" and riddled with problems; I invite you to contact the beta team at DC-3 Airways. The only problems which had not been fixed on the eve of Roy's cancellation were caused by his own ponderous and paranoid "anti-piracy" gauge coding which prevented compatibility with Win 98 and ME operating systems. He told me so, himself. Who am I to doubt His technical opinion? So, I hereby admit that His aptly named "A Few Facts" dissertation actually included at least one genuine fact..."its release would have generated a huge

This is all just very very sad....!RegardsTony Ascaso, RN