Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

B25 and R4D - Roy speaks

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings Bill!Thanks for your explanation. It's a sad story, whichever way one looks at it.Yet something good will come out of it: more stuff for the flight simmers (grin)! Now BOTH the MAAM crowd and the RCS crowd will make beautiful things for us. Just imagine: TWO B25's coming up!As for the R4D: being the generous person I am (wide and wicked grin!), I've bought it twice. First I bought the download version and flew around with it happily for about half a year. Then I decided I wanted the additional goodies like the manuals on the CD, so I bought that as well. And when the VC version comes out on CD, well... time to whip out the plastic again!Becoming a MAAM member would be going a bit too far for me: I am already a member of the Dutch Dakota Association, and becoming "co-owner" of yet another bunch of classic prop planes would be exceedingly greedy, for how many aircraft does one need to "co-own" anyway (grin)?!Having them on CD as sims is a totally different matter though: keep churning them out! All the best,Jaap Verduijn.

Guest NathanT24

Thank you Bill, I cannot wait to order both the B-25 and R4D

Hey Bill,Thanks for stepping in and enlightening Jaap. I was going to reply back that he may have misinterpreted the wording a bit and believed that since it said that "His" website was the home of the project, "He" must be in charge. I was just going to have him re-read the text "As the R4D team leader, I conceived the project and recruited the team,

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I had a trawl around the rest of the site as well (stupid me) to see if one of the "prints" we have at home is one of his. Unfortunately for me the rest of the website is just as vomit inducing - on the plus side at least I had the sound turned off so I missed that "treat".

Hey Bill,I was going through the messages here and came upon one that interested me quite a bit after reading this line in your message: " The only problems which had not been fixed on the eve of Roy's cancellation were caused by his own ponderous and paranoid "anti-piracy" gauge coding which prevented compatibility with Win 98 and ME operating systems. He told me so, himself."One of our VERY popular forum members was pulling her hair out and ready to cry because her system was giving her fits when she was in flightsim. As it turns out, she had installed "His" file to remove the brake message, and it was the cause of the problem. Here is a link to the post:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/8697.htmlI guess this only compliments his other contribution of suggesting that we just go and delete fonts off our hard drive to improve performance! Then he called us idiots when some took his suggestion and deleted system fonts and their computers no longer booted into Windows! And to top it off, he berated all the good people on these forums who tried to help those desperate people get their computers fixed, calling us "Desktop idiots".I'm sorry, no flaming here, just documented facts. The man may mean well, but his creations and off-the-cuff suggestions are dangerous to the general flightsim population, and this needs to be exposed. If the moderators deem that they have to delete this post for whatever reason (certainly not for inflammatory content) then so be it. Think of this post as a public service to your customer base. :)Regards,Steve Dra (a.k.a. "Desktop idiot" as knighted by King "Him")

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi all,I let this go on for a bit, not wanting to clamp down on each and every 'hot' topic ;-)But I feel all has been said, here and on Roy's site, that needs to be said (and then some)... let us wait for the results of the teams and enjoy the new creations when they are published..... without further discussing.I am closing this thread down.________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog