Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

two installations

Guest JamesJ

Can anyone tell me how to install fs2002 on the same system on two dofferent drives? JamesJ

Guest flightpro08

During the installation process, FS2k2 asks you where you want to install it. Just browse to the folder you want in on each hard drive (i.e. you'll have to run the install process twice.)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer

Guest JamesJ

Once I've installed it, say on drive D, and insert disc A to install on drive C, there's no option to install..only uninstall..how do I work around that? JamesJ

Hi, I don't think it is possible to do (I am not sure) , it read the registry, you will always have to uninstall the already installed version, before reinstalling fs2002 on another path.Even If you have 2 or 3 OS installed on dual or triple boot, you don't need to install fs2002 3 time, fs2002 will works for the 3 OS on one fs2002 installed version.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

How about installing like I did with CFS2 when combining FS2K scenery. Install the first time, then re-name it. Then install again. L.Adamson

I am running FS2002 on 2 hard drives but it's a dual boot setup Win98SE / WinXP.

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Easy as falling off a log. Just rename your Fs2002 file to something else. "Fs2002_Original" would work -- just for an example. Then do another complete install with your Fs2002 CD's. It will not see "Fs2002_Original" and give you a complete new fresh install of Fs2002. No need to mess with the Registry. You can bring the Icons up to your desktop. Just keep the names the same respectively.I have three complete installs on the same hard drive with WinME. One fresh as a daisy for designing new scenery. The next with all the things I whish I could do correctly and the last with all the wonderfull 3rd party addons on which to fly!All you need is to "rename" and have a large enough HD.Simple, no?Frenchy -- out.

I was very enthusiastic at first. I need a clean install for comparison purposes: default MS vs add-ons added !I did it the way you described, but allas.... I do indeed get the 'Install' option when putting in the CD..bt then the install dies in the 'setup' part already..... nothing happens.....I am running Win98SE, but don't know if that makes a difference.Any ideas?? :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest jaapverduijn

Francois, I wanted to have a second install too, so couple of hours ago I tried the described way and for me it worked perfectly. That's on Windows 98SE. So basically yes, it can be done. Must be something peculiar to your rig, that's preventing you from completing the new install.Jaap Verduijn.

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest jaapverduijn

Graag gedaan!Jaap.