Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kosa

My Frankenstein PIC in FS9....:)

Guest Matthias1975

Great new Kosa about the rel

Hey Kosa, thanks for update.I find FS2004 is working weird on my pc so I'm stick on FS2002. With your Panel edit I probably won't need FS2004 until PIC767 V2 out!

Hi,Nice job!. But don't forget that this is just a cosmetic fix. The real problems are in erroneous behaviour of PIC 767 in FS9, from minor things like some sound effects that are not working (Passenger Alerts), via trim sensitivity problems, to more severe things like the problem I had yesterday during a flight above Germany when in cruize mode and flying on autopilot with LNAV and VNAV active, I got an overspeed situation and warning...I prefer to stay with PIC767 in FS2002 till PICv2 arrives.Regards,Nicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpg

Guest Mark McG

Kosa,It would have been polite of you to have asked the authors for permission to upload your modified files before going ahead and uploading them.

Guest Mark McG

Ferd,Maybe. I had been asked by Wade to post on the forum that it would have been polite to have asked permission first to upload the modified files. As it happens Wade is quite content for the file to stay in the Avsim library. Let's Leave it at that.

Guest ba747heavy

Kosa,Many thanks for this workaround. I do appreciate it.

Guest enriqueo

Kosa,Which version of StyleXP and StyleBuilder do you recommend to install? Enrique O.Illigitimi..Non Carborundum

Well I tend to agree with Rob, once one starts fiddling with things they cannot possibly know about is a bad practice. Just because one guy has worked with airfiles does not imply he knows PIC's airfile or just why a certain line was adjusted the way it was. A perfect example is the *bug* in the PMDG's rudder (now fixed by PMDG). A well intentioned user modified the airfile and was messing with the wrong settings. This should only be fixed by the developers. As to my landing panel, it did not *change* anything in the way PIC handles. It was strictly made to provide a better view for approach and landing and to provide users with working landing lights and weather effects showing on the windscreen. I am looking at re-doing the panel layout in the future to come up with a slightly better angle.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Kosa

Hi MarkYou are absolutely correct. The reason I haven't released the Modified Panel (Captains View), is because I am still waiting for permission to use some freeware gauges that I have integrated into the MOD.I had not emailed Wade or any Member of the Original PIC Team prior to the release of the "Work-around" because I was under the impression that PIC was owned by WILCO. I will email Wade as soon as I have finished this post, and if he wants I will withdraw my Upload from AVSIM. I will not make any further releases until I hear from him.I am very new to this, and although I have tried my best to do the right thing by everyone, I guest my inexperience has gotten the better of me. Best RegardsKosa Dafoew2b@optusnet.com.au

Guest Mark McG

Kosa,there is no need for you to remove the file.Wade knows about it, and is quite content for you to keep the file on Avsim. ;-)

Guest Kosa

Hi MatthiasIf you are referring to the Taxi light on the Nose Wheel Undercarriage.....yes I use it, and the switch is integrated into the Upper Main Panel.HOWEVER, I have not been able to find the Readme that would have come with the gauge when I downloaded it, so I too, do not know the author of this gauge. I have tried to re-find the download on AVSIM but haven't been successful, therefor I can't get the authers permission to include the gauge :( so it won't be included. There will be an entry in the panel.cfg file that can be activated for those people that do actually have the gauge already, or can find it to download.Best RegardsKosa Dafoew2b@optusnet.com.au

Guest Kosa

Hi EnriqueFor the Work-around I used:StyleXP version 2.0StyleBuilder version 2.02My OS is WindowsXP Pro SP1Best RegardsKosa Dafoew2b@optusnet.com.au

Guest Kosa

Hi again MarkHow do I email Wade. His profile doesn't display contact details. Could you email me his email address please. I would like to send him details of my Panel Modifications (Captains View) for FS2002 for his permission to upload it to AVSIM.Best RegardsKosa Dafoew2b@optusnet.com.au

Hi Nico,As I haven't tried any of these FS9 workarounds myself (and intend not to), I have no clue about the FS9 functionality of PIC.What interests me is this: does PIC work in FS9 (assuming the view problems are fixed) as it does in FS2002, or are there various kind of problems with systems functionality and flight model, as you point out ?If there are problems with systems and FDE, for the life of me I cannot understand why anybody would want to use PIC in FS9 except for casual, not-so-767ish flying.Tero

PPL(A)