Sign in to follow this  

Grumman Goose uploaded

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Well, I for one am a very, very happy camper! Thank you Mike; the Goose is a true gem. Why, she even waddles from off of the runway down into the water. :-lol One question though, where (or what) are the Concord Nose controls?Thanks, once again for a job well done.

Have to agree. This is going to be great fun flying in B.C.,Yukon and Alaska.Thanks again for the great plane.Mac

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Using the 2K2 DHC-3 Radial Engine Soundpackage by Aaron R. Swindle meself. These have been "compiled to showcase the 450 hp P&W R-985 Wasp Jr. radial engine" (the default G-21 Goose engines). I've also tweaked the .cfg file to allow for a 2 engine startup and thrown in Mike Hambly's waterloop file (gives ambient water sounds ... birdcalls, lapping waves, et cetera) for water t/o. Of course, any Lycoming 450hp engine sound would also suffice.Aaron Swindle's file is: wasprsnz.zip and the waterloop is: ba_wp.zip (d/l'd them both from flightsim.com).Hope this is of some assistance.

Guest PhilC

Havoc,Since I don't know anything about editing the sound.cfg file would you mind posting what you added/edited here?I downloaded the soundfile but am not sure what the next step should be to add the second engine.Thanks.

Guest oyvindhansen

Thanks Mike, it's great! I am starting to like this mass production of quality aircraft thing that only you seem to be able to pull of.- Oyvind

Guest Reddog

YeeHaaaa The Goose is loose!! or is that a Loose Goose, There you go Don another name for it Lucy Goosey :-lol :-lolThanks MIKE a great job and soooo quick too!! A sound you might want to try is wbird.zip over at Flightsim.com believe it's by the same fellow that did the GeeBee ones. It has real nice startup and shut down sounds in it.http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/596406.jpgUSMC Retired

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Check your Avsim email box.Hope this is of assistance.

Guest PhilC

Thanks Cap, I got it.Now if someone would work on a VC or at least side views.

Guest DrBob

In order to get ATC to announce the plane properly as the Goose the following lines need to be modified in the aircraft.cfg file:[General]atc_type=Grummanatc_model=G21In the voicepack SDK the rtf file lists all the atc names (types) and models.The other day I went through all my aircraft files and found many errors but now ATC gets it right! Thanks for the planes Mike!Bob S Reno, NV

Guest Dominik Mann

Nice! :D Just gotta love those old amphibs... Anyone know if there ever was a Goose panel being made?

Guest Jim

There's a Goose panel at Flightsim.com. Made for FS98 but with a little elbow grease it could work nicely in FS2002. File name is gg-panv1.zipBelow is the background bitmap. Because my system is down, I'm not able to show the panel with gauges.Jim

I have never seen a "Goose" panel, but Dave Haskell has (I think) done a Widgeon (for '98) - you can get it from Pegasus Aviation Design here : http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/pegav/He has also done the panel (bmp & layout) for the Mallard although the gauges in it represent a "rebuild" rather than the original. If you think that could be close enough then there are screenshots on the link at the bottom of this post (I am not going to hi-jack this thread by posting pics here) - if you are interested then e-mail me through the forum and I will send it over. Otherwise it should be available by this time next week at the latest (fingers crossed).EDIT - Blimey corrected already.... Mind I have not been able to get onto FlightSim.com for 3 months so I have given up !!!