Sign in to follow this  
Guest nirvana

A BIG, BIG PROBLEM!!

Guest nirvana

hey folks!i reinstalled FS2002 because i lost many gauges and stuff (*:-*) but now i can't play it!!!!! if i doubleclick "fs2002.exe" i get a pop-up "C:GamesFS2002fs2002.exe is no authorized Win32-application" !!! if i try to start it with autostart, i get "FS2002 can't be started"!! THAT really suxx! could anybody help me?thank you, peter

Guest sunstriker

Nirvanawere both having a bad day.Did you do a reinstal over to your original directory?Try renaming fs2002.cfg and see if that will make it kick inI feel your painSun

Guest nirvana

yeah, it's the original directory!! and i can't find my fs2002.cfg anymore!! :-hmmm i had it before i reinstalled FS!! hm, what would you say?

Guest sunstriker

Could be a login problem as Tom says; I dont think it builds one until it starts up!Sun

Guest nirvana

what do you mean? where should i log in? :-hmmm

Guest sunstriker

If your using win 2000 etc you must be logged in as Admin to make changes etc...err but not my sphere , see if Tom gets backsorry cant be more help m8sun

Guest nirvana

hmm, can't be the problem since i'm using WIN ME! :( i'll reinstall it one more time in a different directory! what is your problem?greetz, peter

Guest sunstriker

Hi NirvanaMy problem is my system and fs2002 were running great; I then decided I wanted to setup my scanner: 1 click on the driver and whammo no more windows. Threw some kind of memory blue screen every boot up.So full reinstall for me.....but yknow it goes like hell now heheheSun

Guest nirvana

hey! that sounds terrible!! :( but you may want to know that i solved my problem! i installed FS2002 into an other directory and it works fine now! but all those settings!! :( bye, peter

Guest sunstriker

Great Peter, glad to here your fixed up.My system is also now fully back - phew nearly 12 hours work!Sun

Next time you reinstall to another directory, copy and save your old FS folder first before uninstalling. Then rename the newly installed FS folder something else and rename the old one to the new folder's original name. Wham! - you have your old FS back. It's worked for me before.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest nirvana

thank you for your suggestion! i'll definately do it this way next time! :)