Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

IR Tracker question

Guest gasebah

Hi y'all,I heard so many good things about this tool frm e-dimensional that I am on the brink of buying this thingy.However I am afraid of one thing:I am running a 2nd monitor with FSflightmax and the realityXP GPS.I also have all of the GoFlight units grouped all around the monitor. So I will take my eyes off the screen quite often. I read a review once saying that this can lead to problems with calibration or something.Can anyone shed some light on this?Help is very much appreciated as always.Alex

Hi Alex,I use the trackIR - I too have alot of peripheral controls and monitors and often have to look elsewhere than the main view during a flight.I have not noticed the calibration going out after doing this. It always centres again when I turn my head back - providing I haven't changed the position I'm seated in.There is a hot-key you can setup that will re-centre the view while in the sim. With a single key press you can instantly reset the view to centre if it doesn't come back right. I sometimes need to use this during a flight if I've shifted my seating position.PaulEGJJ

Guest gasebah

Thx Paul. Guess I will get it then.Alex

I also want to put in a good word for this device. It works pretty much as advertised. I have a PFC avionics stack to the right of my monitor, so I occasionally look "aside" to tune - this doesn't seem to be a problem. Getting it set up - installing, setting up the pan sensitivity, etc. - takes less than an hour to get it "just right" (in my case anyway).This probably won't apply to you, but I will point out the one case where the IR Tracker is pretty unusable - and that is when trying to fly the helicopters. I have to either disable the IRT or go to the panel view cockpit to be able to fly well, except maybe in cruise flight.Dave BlevinsKRHV

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

I'm a huge fan of the Tracker IR, as anyone who follows my posts can attest! I also run multiple monitors (4) and have no trouble whatsoever. When you turn your head to address something on another monitor or answer the phone or something, your view will pan all over the place but it doesn't matter because you aren't looking at that monitor anyway. When you turn your head back, it will be callibrated as before. That is even true if you leave your seat and come back.The only compatibility problem I had with the device was with my IR keyboard. I had just bought the keyboard and really liked being cordless but when it came down to choosing between the two it was no contest. You will LOVE the Tracker IR! I showed it to my flight instructor and he referred to it as "the coolest thing ever". It was good that my wife was standing there when he said it too!David

Guest gasebah

Ok, Ok guys...i'll get it.Alex

I have a question also. I have a flat panel LCD monitor and the top of it sits slightly above my eye level. Will I be able to get the tracker IR to work with this arrangement?

Guest gasebah

Well,I got it and it is sure great. Thx to everybody who tried to talk me into it. Only thing is my wife now thinks I am even more ridiculous with that sliver dot on my nose tip.Alex