Sign in to follow this  

Apron fixes are back

Hi All, I'm back.Just uploaded Aprnfix4.zip. Included in it is a file to fix the aprons at SeaTac KSEA. The next set of files to be uploaded will have concrete for KLAX in it. May be a couple weeks though. They're still working on my kitchen so things are still a mess. Had a good two weeks in San Antonio...and I thought Sacramento was hot! Only a Texan would love the humidity there!Page

Guest HeavyFan

Great news PAGE! Welcome back! I look foward to more of your fixe's! Don't forget to do EGLL, And PANC Aprons also as they have horrible looking ground areas around the Gates!Oh and also KATL and KORD if possible! Thank's MIKE-:)

Guest RobA

Page, Thanks for all your fixes to various aprons. It's appreciated. :-)I was just in Sacramento this last weekend and it was not too bad, but yesterday (Tuesday) it was 112 here in Redding, CA!!!!!! hottest in the nation, but not bragging about it he heBest, Rob[table border=2 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta tester for Radar Contact] the premier ATC adventure add-on for FS

Mike,You'll find KORD in aprnfix3.zip at this site. I have EGLL and PANC on my "to do" list. Was planning to do KLAX next along with bleedthru problem airports.Page

Rob,I concede that Redding is hotter. Surprised that Shasta Lake survives your summers! Is the smoke clearing up any?

Guest 727Fan

Page.Do any of your files contain a fix for Cincinnati KCVG?Do I assume that #4 is comprehensive and contains all fixes found in #2-3?ThanksRick

Rick,No, it's not comprehensive, but I think that my next upload will make it so. As you may know, this is a continuing project. As people tell me which airports need fixing, I add them to a list I have yet to do and continue on. So far, you'll need to download aprnfix2.zip and aprnfix3.zip to go along with the current aprnfix4.zip. Aprnfix2 has a couple texture files that you'll need. I think, to eliminate confusion, that from now on, I'll make each new aprnfix file all inclusive as you properly imply.As for KCVG, some time ago, I made a detailed file of it (KCVG2K2.zip) and uploaded it here and at flightsim.com. It has quite a few problems that I haven't had time to address. To be honest, I haven't looked at the default KCVG for quite a while. Does it too have bleed thru or taxiline problems? If so, I can fix that.

whats the URL to appron fix site?nw1.gifTim Quayle Northwest Virtual Airlines et al - MSP

Tim,At this site, just click on "File Library" at the top of the page and you'll be in the page to download files. Search for "cline" and the three files for apron fixes will show up. The files are also available at flightsim.com. KMSP was one of the first I did.

Guest 727Fan

Page,Thanks for responding!KCVG has bleed-thru problems. I have #2-3. Haven't intalled yet.Actually was waiting for the GODZILLA file, comprehensive and inclusive of all you've done to date.I'll just wait.Thanks,Rick

Guest 727Fan

On second thought, I hear #4 really sweetens KSEA.I'm going to installYAHOOOOOOOOORick

>Don't forget to do EGLL...http://www.uk2000scenery.bizland.com/puplic/index.htmEDIT: Added URL

Despite my T-I-C reply to 'Heavyfan' Page, many thanks for your continued work on the default airports, but it beats me why a simmer should have to correct a basic MS fault :-mad

Primarily, because Microsoft won't fix it. I suspect, though, that they read every forum concerning the program and make notes as to what to do for the next version. If they corrected all the errors in the current version, they wouldn't sell as many new versions. When FS2000 first came out, they had the whole world "beta test" it for two years and then came out with FS2002 which was better. Remember when they used to say that they could make a carburetor that got 100 miles to the gallon, or 100,000 mile tires? Same thing. This is a consuming world and if one wants to continue selling, they had better not make a perfect product. All that sounds a bit cynical, but one has to be a realist.Besides, I'm retired (22yrs USAF, and 20 yrs post office), so I need something to do to stay out of my wife's way! Though she always refers to my computer as a "she". Sounds like a bit of jealousy to me.