Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

CRT switching and True and Magnetic hdg variation.

Hello,I was wondering if the real B767 have CRT switching????And can we switch between MAG and TRUE Hdg?Thanks,

There are 4 Data switches on the 767. You can select between a primary and the Center IRS, from the primary SG (symbol generator) to the center SG, from the onside FMC to the offside FMC or from the primary ADC to the secondary ADC (air data computer). There isn't a switch with which you can display the EADI on the lower CRT or vice versa.There was a MAG/TRU reference switch in PIC1 already and I doubt this feature was removed for the new 767.Regards,Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Guest Muppet22

There is a hidden clickspot just the right of your track heading on the HSI that allows you to switch between magnetic and true heading.I trust LDS will have similar?

Ramon,You're really anxious to get started on the new LDS 767, posting al those questions! I like to now as much as possible beforehand too.Anyway, do you mean CRT switching like Mark mentioned, or are you referring to the Lower and Upper EICAS screens in the real 767?If that's the case I'll explain it further. To ensure that all engine parameters are displayed when a CRT fails, an EICAS Compacted Mode is provided. In the Compacted Mode, N1 and EGT indications are shown in their normal format on the remaining CRT. All other engine parameters are shown in digital format on the same screen. In the event that both EICAS computers, CRTs or primary electrical system fail, the liquid crystal SEI is automaticallyactivated.Furthermore, the EICAS incorporates an automatic call-up feature that displays information automatically when necessary.If the EICAS Secondary Display is not in view and a N2 RPM reaches the Red Line Limit, both N2 indications are automatically displayed on the lower CRT. If Oil Pressure or Oil Temperature reach theAmber Band or Red Line Limit, or if Oil Quantity decreases to the Low Oil Quantity band, all oil parameters for both engines are automatically displayed on the lower CRT. If the status page is displayed and a secondary engine parameter exceedance occurs, the status page is automatically replaced by the engine exceeded parameters. Should status be selected after a secondary engine parameter exceedance has occurred, the status page is displayed and the engine exceeded parameter appears on the upper CRT in a partial compacted mode. Engine Secondary Data Cue A series of blue

AFAIK, Roel, there will be no compact displays, EICAS screen switching or pop-ups... at least not in the first release.I recall the SEI Auto function is already modelled in PICv1. This shouldn't change." It is important to know that during takeoff or go-around the EGT pointer and digital readout remain white for 5 minutes after the amber band is reached."Optionally, inhibits can last for 10 minutes.Cheers.Ian R>

I've been using PIC from the start and i never even knew about that clickspot!!Just to confirm though, the default in map mode is true heading, and in other modes it magnetic right?btw, why would u want/need to switch the map mode to mag heading?

Nope, normal display mode is magnetic.So why change it?Well, normally you don't! Its just that the IRU's can only compute true north which is then converted into a "magnetic north" heading using a magnetic variation database. As this database is not valid beyond two specific latitudes (something like 70

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Well, you learn something every day dont you. Even though I have been flying PIC since its release, I never realised until now there was a hidden click spot to change the heading from magnetic to true.Thanks for the tip Tom. I wonder if our Training Captain knows about that one?

Thanks all of you guys.I was refering to the EHSI and EADI switching but now I know everything. :(And about the secret klickspot next to the TRK on the EHSI, I didn't know that ether.And I am Anxious about the Level-D. :)Thanks again,

Guest Vermeirea

Hi folks,I'm here again to try to clarify some information.Magnetic Trk (track) is used in MAP mode (difference between Trk and Hdg is the wind). On MAP mode, the white thin vertical line is therefore called the track line, it will show you your present ground track.Magnetic Hdg (heading) is used on all other mode on the EHSI (except PLAN which is north up oriented). Most of the ground radionavigation facilities are calibrated to the magnetic north pole.The exception: Some VOR facilities in Canada, very close to the magnetic pole, are calibrated towards the true north. Here comes the "magic unknown" hidden clickspot in use only when you use those "special" radionav facilities or you are flying on a polar RNAV route.Actually I don't know if FS9 is simulating such type of VOR up there in the north...Hope this will help,Amedee VermeireExelAviationGroup

Guest BAW191

>I wonder if our Training Captain knows about that one?Nope, he doesn't! :D Have been flying the PIC myself since it's first release and have never even seen this one mentioned...As the saying goes: you learn something new about 767PIC every week.767PIC rocks, keep up the good work with Level-D guys!

>And about the secret klickspot next to the TRK on the EHSI, I>didn't know that ether.It was no secret, RTFM e.g. have you ever heard of a Remotely Tuned VOR? ;-)Nicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpg

Actually this is very interesting. We were talking earlier about the automatic switching of the CRT's.Now in relation to the MAG en TRUE compass setting, there is also an automatic switching on the EHSI.The EHSI compass rose is automatically referenced to magnetic north when between 82N and 82S latitude. and to true north when above those latitudes, with the following exception;