Sign in to follow this  

Help me please

Hi alli need your help guys. I dont know what else to do.Since i upgraded my computer (to Athlon 1800XP) and since i switched form Win98 to Win2k i am having great problems with the Flight Sim.It doesnt seem to like any new add-on scenery. Especially not the Simflyers one. When i install them and go to that airport i get strange 'flashing' of the textures. It is almost like that taxiway texture problem where the ground dissapears beneath and around the plane as you move the aircraft, but on a larger and much more annoying scale.The buildings just start 'spawning' strange lines (look at the picture). I tried everything. I uninstalled FS2002 6 times and i did the clean install but the problem is still there.I am also using DirectX 8.1 and i have a GF 3 Ti200 64 megs with 30.82 drivers (they dont seem to be the problem because i went from 23.11 to 29.42 to 30.82 and no change)I also got a new motherboard for the new chip i think its asus 7v333 or something like that.If anyone knows how to help me or has any ideas i am gratefull in advance.=)Cheers

I could only get my panel to look like that when using some low resolutions and graphic settings for "test" purposes. Have you tried other resolutions?L.AdamsonAthlon 1900XPGeforce3Ti500512DDRram1600*1200*32 res.

You mentioned a new MB....Assuming you know how to access the BIOS, first make sure your AGP aperture is set to 64 megs.Then, make sure you have an IRQ assigned to your video card.Make sure Video BIOS and RAM shadowing is turned off.On the Windows 2000 side (even if you have trouble identifying how to change the BIOS, do this)...Set up the desktop color depth and resolution to match 2k2 exactly....Try these first steps, and let us know how things work...-John

>I could only get my panel to look like that when using some >low resolutions and graphic settings for "test" purposes. >Have you tried other resolutions? >>L.Adamson >Athlon 1900XP >Geforce3Ti500 >512DDRram >1600*1200*32 res. Sorry for confusing you. I did that to the panel so i can see more of the scenery. Scenery is the one im having a problem with.I will try the BIOS suggestions and come back with the results.Thank you all.

Guest sunstriker

HiTry turning off ground shadows, that might work.I have to say this has got to be a video driver issueSun

Guest Dean

I had a similiar graphics problem after upgrading to an Athlon 1800+ and a Gigabyte M/B with the KT333 chipset. I had installed FS2K2 with the BIOS settings at their most aggresive. Unfortunately, the system is a little unstable a these BIOS settings and I think that caused a corupted installation. Selecting normal speed settings in BIOS and reinstalling FS resolved the problem.

I have done all you suggested but no help.I dont think its anything to do with my gf card since it ONLY happens with addon scenery. Default is fine. Then again i might be wrong.I tried changing the options in the Display settings of Fsim 2k2 and all i done was to make it even worse. Now i cant even see the buildings of the add-on airports.I tried reverting the settings back to old values but it stayed the same.I am totally puzzled. And i am sure it something very small that is causing the big problesm as is always the case =)If any1 knows how to help please do.Thanks

Guest SD Sim

Try this. When you remove MSFS2K2, make sure you remove all traces of the software afterwards (look on your HD and make sure the original root folder is gone). With add-on scenery, the files will be left behind, and when you re-install, the old ones will still be there. If one of those original files is corrupted, this could be the source of your woes. Hope this helps.

Maybe your should try to uninstall your sim and reinstall it. That always works for me.

The VIA 4in1 driver on the Asus homepage seems to do the trick!!