Sign in to follow this  
Guest guyjr

Dedicated FS server trial!

Guest SlimDady

Ok I am going to try to run a dedicated flightsim server. Im hoping it be a place where tons of people come to fly all over just like the real world. So ill try this for today and see how much it gets used.Here is the server IP24.71.219.197If you try and it does not work come back and tell me. I may need to set up my router and firewall.Because I am using FShost 2 you can check the current stats of the server over the web at the same addresshttp://24.71.219.197Basically its just a user list and stuff.Hope you enjoy it

Guest SlimDady

Cool. Thanks..NOw everyone start playing

Guest Stardog

Sounds like a great idea, thanks for putting it up!I will check it out tonight :)Todd

Guest SlimDady

Later tonight I will also add a roger wilco to that ip also

Guest Eagle92395

What a cool idea! I've never played online in FS2k2, although every other game I play is ALWAYS online :) Thanks SlimDaddy

AVSIM has a server available for rw. Might put a little less burden on your system and bandwidth.Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2002 - 13:25In our continuing quest to provide increasing service and support to the flight simulation community, we are pleased to announce that AVSIM has brought online a very fast and large bandwidth Roger Wilco Server. If you are active in real time ATC, or zone flying with friends and fellow simmers, you now have a very responsive Roger Wilco server to use for voice. You can set your Roger Wilco client to access the AVSIM server at the IP of 205.252.89.41. We hope you enjoy the new service from AVSIM. Bob8/10/02http://home.columbus.rr.com/beaverca/images/sequence.gif

Guest SlimDady

Hey thats cool. Im not sure how well this will work. Not to many people connect. I have to find a way of telling more people. People connect but then leave cauz nobody else is there..Maybe avsim can help somehow.

Thank you, that's a great idea IMHO! :-hahBut indeed about now just too few people know about it...Current server time 7:25AM, connected since 2:56PM. But no player online. That's what on the status website but I'll try to connect anyways.Cheers! :-wavehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fs2k2/avsim/sig.jpg... under short final 25L EDDFetienne@spindler.deICQ# 99744757

Guest guyjr

I just connected for a little bit, (screen name "ambrose"), and flew around with Kyle. Only problem was that I could _hear_ his plane just fine, but couldn't see it at all. Anybody have any clue as to what might be going on? I do have a firewall, maybe I need to open up a port on it?--jr

Not to be rude, but +why+ are you doing this? It's already easy to fly online with other planes with VATSIM. It's totally integrated with RogerWilco.Seems kind of like reinventing the wheel to me...Jon (KSEA)

Guest SlimDady

Honestly Jon I never knew about it.So many people want lots of AI so I figured it bo cool just to have a place with tons of people have real pilots instead of AI.And I got a computer just sitting there so I wanted to make a use for it..I figured Id just try it out see how many people use it.. so far only about 20 have connected in a day.If it does not pick up soon i will just turn it off, and go back to my Half-Life server I got much more users with it..Anyway of to check out VATSIM see whats its like..