Sign in to follow this  
Guest emergency_pants

AI Caravan

Everytime I see the Caravan on floats taxiing, it's taxiing on its tail. Anyone else get this?

Hey someone,I get that too. I think it's because we've got Steve Small's Caravan .air file installed (I hope I got the credit right). I suppose changing the .air file back to the original would solve it, but I like to fly the Caravan occasionally, and I don't want to give up those flight dynamics.Come to think of it, you could probably make a new aircraft (just copy the folder and change a couple of things in the aircraft.cfg file) and make it your Caravan (for flying) with the good .air file, and with the default .air file in the original Caravan folder.See ya,Greghttp://www3.sympatico.ca/gregory.moffatt/sig1.jpg

Yes I do have Steve Small's air file. :) I'll just leave it alone, its no big deal. It did kind of startle me the first time I saw it. I was on short final and one was sitting at the hold short line like that.

Guest emergency_pants

Yeah... I used to have this airfile on my Caravan. It used to tip on it's arse at every opportunity... especially when I stopped a pushback or any other force which pushed the tail down when on the ground. A nightmare taking off. I found that the front wheel used to float a few inches off the floor too.I got rid of it and everything is fine now... in fact, I think I prefer the original airfile. I don't really think there was much wrong with it, for me. Realists will probably argue that it has faults, but It's definitely a matter of preference though, isn't it.Or alternatively, you could try making the fat lady in the back get out and walk.Cheers,Simon.