Sign in to follow this  

Frames Jumping in 2k2

Hey all. I got a problem with flight sim and was wondering if anyone might know how to fix it:Anytime I am running Flight Sim, the screen jumps every 5 to 10 seconds. Like if I am panning around in the exterior view it will be smooth and then all of a sudden just skip or jump ahead. I cant figure out what is wrong. My system is as follows: AMD Athlon 500 MHz 512 mb RAM ATI Radeon 8500 128mb DDR RAM Soundblaster Live Windows 2000 Pro OSIf anyone knows how to take care of this problem I would really appreciate it. I really wanna play Flight Sim normally again. Thanks.Aaron

...It could be your BIOS cache settings or your installation... You can change these or experiment, I find that video caching is best left off!If jumping is occuring, then I suspect your Video RAM is reading forward or simply just keeps caching - the question is why it needs to keep grabbing data and not storing it in it's 128 MB RAM....It's most certainly a settings issue (or a faulty video card!!)Do you have a FULL INSTALLATION? or do you put the CD in?If you do not have a FULL INSTALLATION ie need the CD in when you run FS2002 and your HD LED is on then it is certainly caching to your video RAM. You can however INCREASE the SCENERY CACHE in the drop down menu when in FS2002.Suggestion: do a Full instal and you wont need the CD in!

Guest gasebah

Hi Aaron,pls chk if your vidcard is sharig its IRQ with something else. This turned out to be one of the problems on my rig.Alex

My videocard is sharing an IRQ with my dialup modem, I was able to change this(other irq conflicts)in my old computer by swapping cards in certain PCI slots(my old modem though was ISA)but doesn't seem to work very well with my new system. I get periodic flashing also and have tryed NVRefresh with little if any change, also have experimented with bios settings. On a slightly different subject I just purchased a 19 inch monitor and notice "fluttering" in the corner, it is a fair distance from the computer box but I notice this problem disappears if I tilt it slightly vertically or horizontally away from the box. If it is some type of magnetic interference(whatever)is it possible to shield it with something as I am limited with my desk setup to moving this(rather large)monitor.Thanks

Guest gasebah

I am pretty sure that this jumping comes frm the shared IRQ. I had the same problem with a USB Host on the mobo. No chance to change this one too. I disabled it, and got rid of the stutters.Alex

Thanks for the responses everyone. I checked my device manager and my sound card, video card, network card and USB hub all say they have an IRQ of 09. It seems like this shared IRQ is my problem... any ideas of how I go about fixing this or should I just swap some cards around?Thanks,Aaron