Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

New and improved GForce Cessna 150H....

This gem was downloaded about 2-3 weeks ago, then pulled from the library for revision. Among the requests some of us made was removal of the second pilot... Well, it's back, and I've only seen the screenshots, but it looks like the second pilot is gone, and the panel has been improved again.... Check it out in the file library...Just search under Cessna 150H....Also, it's covered in Bearracing's July review...-John

Guest SoarPics

This airplane is so much fun to fly!!! Great for sightseeing, and pattern work, and short hops for the $100.00 hamburger, and...Get it.And the GForce team is to be commended for stipulating what sites the file can be uploaded to. Smart.Regards,

Guest DanWalloch

I'd just like to mention that I did the beta testing and panel layout the for the 2nd release and I was told that my name would appear in the read me file..........well it wasn't in there, it wasn't anywhere in the file!!!

I also noted that the new version supports reflections.... Even inside the virtual cabin, you can see reflections off of the glass... Very nice...

I couldn't wait to d/l the first edition. I was really looking for a Cessna 150 to use in real world teaching. When the updated d/l came out I was anxious to see what was improved. Here are my comments.The old edition has a few things I feel are important to a real PPL student. First I use the VC almost all the time for teaching. I liked the instructor in the right seat as the view is blocked for those hard-to-do right downwind approaches to the airport. Also, the black panel is what I have in the real Cessna 150. The prop effect was great and is missing in the newer download (VC). Also, the tach is better located in the old d/l than in the new d/l.The newer version does have better graphics but after a few flights I went back to the first d/l offered. I feel that for real flying, this is the better of the two.What I would like to see? OK, here goes. There are three Cessna offered so, on the next edition, have one with a black panel, move the tach back, bring back the instructor on one of them, get rid of the red wood panel (never saw that in real world, reinstall the moving prop in the VC, keep the improved graphics, adjust the weight so that the one with the instructor weights more (has reduced performance)than the ones that don't have the instructor on board. Have the carb heat on the left of the throttle mixture is on the right. Many thanks for all the designers for their efforts!Regards,Ed Ward, Jr.CFI

Good points....I have both models installed--I edited the aircraft.cfg of the other so that "Old" appears after each color scheme in the old model.One thing I may do today is try to use the reflective textures with the old model. The reflective textures all have "_t" after them. I will try to rename them, to see if reflections appear in the old 150H. Should be an interesting experiment, but I don't know what'll happen to the poor instructor.I also noted with a bit of humor that the instructor seems bigger than the student. Is that because, in the eyes of the student, the instructor is "larger than life?" :) :) :)