Sign in to follow this  
FS Robert

Outstanding add-On

jerrycwo4In the last four years I have had MANY, MANY add-ons to Flight Simulator, but the ones that I purchased the other day made the biggest differance of all ( in my opinion). That was when I purchased and installed," FScene: (1) Europe and (2) USA/ Canada- Summer" from the following site:http://secure.simmarket.com/For the USA/ Canada the other 'seasons' of the year will come along later, but the 'Summer' one is unbelievable.. you can almost smell the hay in the fields and the other crops as well. The photo attached is of Miegs Field, but I like the country side even better. Get it, you will not be disappointed ! Jerry;)

Guest emergency_pants

It looks really nice... but it also looks really, really expensive at 39 euros!!!!!!!! That's definitely one I'd have put to the back of the priority list because of its price.I can't help feeling that sometimes flight simmers get a little ripped-off. Just sometimes because there are lots of excellent add-ons that are great value.FScene does look excellent though. Is it worth shelling-out for?Simon.

Too bad his website does not show "before" and "after" type of comparisons side-by-side. The original FS2002 textures look good enough to me. And again, like other said, not sure if worth the price considering it is the same generic scenery with no more detail than the original. FSLandclass at least gives me more detail (or information).Michael J.

jerrycwo4I WILL, IN THE NEXT DAY OR SO GIVE YOU BETTER "SIDE BY SIDE " COMPARISONS. As far as the cost or money goes, resently I spent $7,500 U.S. on a better computer for Flight Sim (and other programs); what the heck is 39 EURO's ? Jerry

>I WILL, IN THE NEXT DAY OR SO GIVE YOU BETTER "SIDE BY SIDE >" COMPARISONS. I would appreciate that. Thanks.Michael J.

jerrycwo4No disc. Right now you can only down it. jerry

System: PIII 450, 256mb RAM [Max amount] Win98, Leadtek GF3 Ti500.I will second the opinion on this fine addition to FS2K2. I purchased and installed the USA scenery last night. At 25.00 euros for the U.S. package it may seem pricey to some, but the differences are striking!The texture differences are an enormous improvement over the default. The colors are extraordinarily vibrant, the details of structures is very sharp, and the diversity of landscape makes each mile of flight far more realistic to view. Although optomized[?] perhaps for 4000 to 5000 foot viewing altitudes, the truth is that from apprpximately 2500 feet and above the details are highly visible, and the overall effect is just as pronounced at 37,000 feet [the highest that I have viewed the scenery from].Given the level of scenery detail, I moved the Autogen slider to "sparse" and obtained a nice 2.5 to 3.0 FPS increase. The scenery itself did not degrade frame rate at all [a very nice feature for any add-on]. After making the credit card payment the download was immediately available through the same secure server [7.6 mb, took 32 minutes on a 56K modem]. I unzipped the file to my own texture folder, made a back-up of the original FS2k2 textures [a complete copy of the entire file, not just the textures to be replaced], and then copied the new files in. As simple as that and the world was a far more intriguing place to fly!I've attached a picture taken from 8,000 feet just south of Boston. I'm using the FSscreen screen shot utility so I'm not convinced that the picture itself will be of good enough quality to do justice to the new textures.Rick

As I suspected the screen shot itself provided a lousy piece of evidence as proof of the quality of this new scenery add-on.Rick

Guest JonP01

I'm just curious. How many actual bitmaps are included in this product? I'm just wondering what proportion of the total number of maps actually get replaced. I bought the European textures a while back but was disappointed. On reflection I think this was because not all bitmaps were replaced and to my eyes it looked quite odd when they were adjacent to the Microsoft ones.

jerrycwo4I understand the bitmaps of "Deserts" and ForestS" are NOT changed but everything else is. Jerry

In the package there are a total of 127 Bitmaps for the USA package. I have spent the evening flying the Hawaiian Islands and the scenery is stunning there. Might have even located the Dole Pineapple plantation in the center of Oahu from the textures.Rick

Hi All, If I understand correctly: the series of FScene textures will not be complete untill the fall of 2003. If Microsoft holds the standard with it newest version of flight Simulator, the fall of 2003 will be when Flight Simulator 2004 will be arriving. sometimes I wish that Microsoft would wait and come out with a new version every three years... remember I said sometimes!Kinds RegardsRobertThis Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1

Vl3MQY.png