Sign in to follow this  

Wake Effect for Mike Stones Goose?

Hi AllI can't seem to get the wake effect to work on the Goose,:-hmmm Used to know how to do this, guess my mind is slipping.I believe it has somthing to do with the contact points.But,I did manage to put a Water Rudder on it ( I know not very realistic ), If your interested just copy and paste this line at the bottem of the contact points section of the Air.cfg section//Water Rudderpoint.13= 5.000, -16.000, 0.000, -4.000, 160000.000, 0.000, 0.000, 40.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.700, 1.000, 1.200, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000Then while taxing on water press shift=W to raise/lower your rudder.Any help with the wake effect would be great!Samurai

You mean......Mikes realy Heather ? WOW !

Guest Joe

Check out these files....waterfx.zipwaterlan.zipwaterlup.zipwaterup2.zipMaybe they will help you.Joe

I don't think it is an effect file.(got that covered)It's the trail in the water left behind that I can't seem to get to work.

Guest Lizardo

Try this:(effects)wake=fx_wake_ss/water=fx_spraywater=fx_waterlanddirt=fx_dirtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1"(" = bracket

Lizardo, Excuse my dumb question, but your information concerning a wake on the Goose. Do you add this to the CFG file in addition to the current ones already installed, or do you replace the ones already installed? Thanks jim

Guest Lizardo

Edit what's there, or just cut & paste that. Look in CFG file, down aways and you find (Effects). The "/" cancels the line it's on, so you can switch back and forth from waterland to default by moving it.

Did anyone ever get this working? I had trouble with it, which is surprising since its so well documented by Microsoft. :-roll I'm getting ready to release v2 and would like to include this.Mike Stone

Hi Mike,Well I couldn't get the default wake effect to work,but in lou of that I am using the waterland effect sugested by Lizardo.I had this same prob a while back with another anfib but can't remember how I mananged to get it fixed:-hmmm Anyway, Thank You! so much for the Goose and all the other aircraft that you make and freely share with the rest of the flighttsim world.Happy FlyingSamurai