Sign in to follow this  
Guest NetBoyz

How do you decide...

Guest cornclose

I use a small utility I wrote to randomly generate flights with destinations based upon whether I fly military or civilian aircraft. Each flight always begins from the last flight's destination, therefore a 'tour' type arrangement exists. I only generally fly in the UK though.Here's a screenshot :-Chris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

Sometimes I just type in a random code without looking and fly where FS puts me. Sometimes such places are dumps, sometimes they're interesting, it's a different place almost everytime.

It used to be easier when I flew with one of the VA's... I went where they told me to go. :) Now that I'm flying only GA aircraft on my own schedule, it's different.Currently, I'm on my tour of the lower 48 which I started with the airfield around the corner from my home (N99 -- Brandywine) and flew a Steve Small modified Baron from capital to capital around the lower 48. I've only got Albany and the return flight to N99 left.Once I finish with this, I'm going to head around the world in the same Baron. The only thing I know for sure on this RTW is that I'll stop at every base where we spent time when I was a child and the two cities where my wife grew up (Sofia and Havana). Other than that, I'm going to just see where my meanderings take me before I get back to N99.

Pick a hobby or a sport that you enjoy. In my case , it's golf. I fly to the cities that host PGA tour events and to some of the smaller airports that are close to the geographic location of the golf course. I hub out of CYYZ, so depending on the distance and the time I have to fly, I will choose one of three aircraft....Commander 115TC, King Air 350, or 767 (PIC). 90% of my flights are based on this with flight times averaging between 1-3 hours (unless I decide to go over the pond). I also enjoy auto racing, so sometimes I'm off to a CART or F1 event. I also have two warbirds I enjoy flying so I will fly to the destinations that host airshows.LawrieVatsim Callsign: TELCO1

You should give your self a real challenge and land at smaller airports Lawrie ;-) I'd like to see you put that 115 into SESM ;-)

>I'd like to see you put that >115 into SESM ;-) That would be interesting. Ecuador airports can be quite a challenge. Better bring my oxygen mask :)Lawrie

he he, when you try I'd like to do it with you ;-)

I just found a new way to find places to go. If you're an AOPA member, use the online AFD's radius search. Put in a starting airport, choose a max distance, and pick one from the list and go.

hi I sometimes do what u do fly from my home airport to ones i have been to before in real life eg birmingham-faro, birmingham-malaga. Why no try exotic places like the carribean?? i did an islnad hopper round there. in a cessna or a caravan i perfect. 02 ranch is funny try that in the middle of nowhere i accidently took an aer lingus 777 to this airport in iceland meant to be really dangerous. the runway was gravel but the scenery was amazing. look every where pick a random country and do eeeny meeeeny myne mow and u wil lbe surprised at how may airports are in this game. heres some places for u to try:geneva corlion (something like that beginning with a C)02 ranchcarribean pick somewhere with about 1-2 runways that w2ay u know its gonna be smallish and try looking at a map if the place u picked isn't on te map then its probably a private airfieldsome places in america are *****private ranch and so onhope this helps

Dear SomeoneThere are so many wonderful places to fly GA aircraft around the world in rugged terrain that will get you away from "the plains". A few of my favourites are:1. Queenstown to Milford Sound, on the South Island of New Zealand. A very challenging and spectacular run. Better still if you download NZ mesh and landclass and use real weather.2. Switzerland. I often start from Sion, and fly to a nearby airport: the interesting GA destinations are endless. Again, challenging flying if you use real weather, and find a good mesh. Daniel Gauthier has produced a wonderful series of Swiss airports.3. Austria. Salzburg to Innsbruck. This is an interesting flight that won't take you all day but must be flown with precision ... in the sunset it's downright gorgeous. I use this trip to test a lot of flight models, given that I know the route off-by-heart now.4. The fjords of Norway. Get Norway airports (everything I am talking about in this post is freeware) and some mesh. Spectacular stuff. Start from Bergen or somewhere and just go exploring up and down the coast, in and out of the fjords. Good for seaplanes too.5. Hong Kong. I'm a bit biased, mind you! This is another test bed for me, and a particular favourite; I have come to know all the navaids intimately and it's a great place to explore with a GA aircraft or helicopter. Thomas Kwong's Kai Tak for FS2000 works fine in FS2002. The default Chek Lap Kok airport is very good also.That's just a few, won't bore you with more. Alaska, of course, is well known to us all. But start with an Islander or Archer on the Queenstown run ... you won't be disappointed! Follow the lake until you have enough height (about 9,500ft) to turn for the coast ... and then when you find Milford Sound, lose all that height to land at the end of the valley. Wonderful stuff.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest NetBoyz

I keep a list of all sceneries and meshes I've installed. Then for GA flights, I frequently start or end a flight in the vicinity of some interesting site on that list that catches my fancy at the time.db