Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

Dash 8 -300 !

Haha, yeah I love Southpark. i get that a lot. "What's your name?""Tim""Really? TIMMMAY!!"TIMMY!!

Argh...Love those sounds! No one has ever gotten the sound of a turboprop feathering quite right until now... I cranked my subwoofer, right before I shut down my engines after a flight, and the desk shook just like the real airframe vibrates when the props feather! :-lolThe only simulated commercial flying I really spend a lot of time with is regional flying. So between this, PSS's upcoming DASH 8, and TWO freeware Saabs, soon to eb released, THIS IS HOG HEAVEN!! WOOHOO!!

Well i got the guages working after playing around with the panel all day!.i figured out that even tho the engines are on, the guages are still in the off position for the rest of the electronic equipment. so after going back and switching them to on the guages finally showed. totally does look like a glass cockpit style panel.altho i still cant read the names of the gauges. thats something that would deffinitely need updating.also a good manual and checklist would much be appreciated. altho i almost have the panel figured out, i still cant get the sucker in the air. soon as i start rolling things start beeping and blinking all over the place and i lose all my lift so it never gets 2ft off the ground.

Guest SlimDady

Yea i know what you mean its amazing still.Open up the warnig dialog window thing.. And try playing with all the switches that look important, until you can get all the warnings gone.. then u should be fine..I still dont know exactly what to do but i can get it in the air

>altho i almost have the panel figured out, i still cant get >the sucker in the air. soon as i start rolling things start >beeping and blinking all over the place and i lose all my >lift so it never gets 2ft off the ground. The fact that you can't fly it sounds good to me -- you don't honestly think that you could fly a real Dash8 , do you? Not unless you have had many hundreds/thousands of hours flying other aircraft and have attended flight training for the Dash 8.After all, this is supposed to be "As real as it gets!" :)Barry

whats so hard about it?. you push back you go up, you push forward you go down.the only real thing you have to learn is to read the instrument panel and know how to work the instruments. atleast for the sim anyway.you dont need thousands of hours just to fly this thing. hell most people can fly a 747 just by taking a few hours of lessons. you trying to tell me that flying the dash is harder then a 747? come on!you show me someone who needs thousands of hours to fly this thing and ill show you a monkey who can do the same.

Took me a while to figure the guages thing out, too. As far as getting it off the ground, I couldn't figure it out either and couldn't get off even at KORD on a long runway. Turns out, you have to carefully control the condition levers on the throttle console and mess with the ECU on the lower right side of the main panel, that was limited available torque and power and so the airplane just didn't have the power to get off and up. Once I got that solved, it will roar and leap off the ground at about 115 kts. What an amazing sound set and a technically well done panel. This airplane could be a classic with a little improvement on the guage readability. Maybe bigger auxilliary panels with click spots to open and close them. chris

altho i still cant read the names of the gauges. thats something that would deffinitely need updatingPlaying it around myself yesterday and what I did was open a panel view then resized the window that the panel is in. You can resize until you can read the switch/buttons labels.Astar

I FINALLY GOT THE AIRPLANE OFF THE GROUND!I then flew it around CYQM where we have about 15 dash 8s a day. And then crashed it on landing when the airplane would not allow me to flare. It was quite the sight. I have to say that the airplane itself is beautifully detailed, just really hard to fly. I have to figure out how to work the engines and the navigation equipment i guess. Does anyone know if there will be a modified version of the panel to make it more user friendly? Cheers

I suggest you read the manuals. For that beeping sound, read the manuals too! Minimum Res is 1280X1024. That should solve your gauge and unreadable problems.Regards,Moses

Increase the sensivity on your elevator axis a bit . Then it will fly properly.Oleksiy.

How the heck do I get the gauges to show up crisp??? The only way I've found so far (not the best indeed) is to manually edit the panel.cfg and delete the lines window_size=...Any help's much appreciated... :-)Cheers! :-wavehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fs2k2/avsim/sig.jpg... under short final 25L EDDFWhich is not fitted cannot cause trouble...BTW, I can only get the thing up and flying when holding down F4... And even then it flies not very fast, just around 120 kts... :-hmmm

>I suggest you read the manuals. For that beeping sound, read >the manuals too! Minimum Res is 1280X1024. That should solve >your gauge and unreadable problems. >>Regards, >Moses If minimum res. is 1280X1024, is it possible to mip map the panel bitmap? hmmm. maybe I'll try that. I run at 1024X768 res.