Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

Moving Messages

AVSIM Staff:Not only can we hardly present a dissenting view in here anymore, but now you take it upon yourselves to decide where our messages should be placed!? Maybe we want as many people to see it as possible, hence the preference for posting in the General Forum: More exposure, more replies, more peoples' opinions. Why should you guys decide what is an appropriate topic for a post? So long as it's within the guidlines of taste, decency and politeness, why do you care? It's very frustrating as I've not been able to locate the last three posts I've made to the GENERAL Forum. Alex CN562ZKMSP - Minneapolis

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

If they were moved it means they were NOT about MS Flight Simulator. The reason we have different forums, and many at that, is to make it clear for readers (and posters) where to find content and discussions that interests them.It's a matter of point of view I guess, but we don't feel we should have only one big forum where all messages go into. Hence the distribution by topic, sim, product and group.If you post a message that has to do with MS FS in general, then we will surely not move it elsewhere :-)________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

I rarely come to this forum to talk about anything but MSFS. Enough said. See L Adamson's post in the hangar caht forum. This will become a sore point here, I'm sure.Alex CN562ZKMSP - Minneapolis

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

I can normally understand that - although I do find it hard sometimes to understand why any critic of PSS is completely shut down in this forum when they make MSFS product. That is not just from today's experience but from day 1 when I have been here....

Guest Matt Johnson

Why?Because you're guests in our house, that's why. :) We ask you to follow the house rules: post MSFS related stuff in the MSFS forums, and post "off-topic" stuff in the Hangar forum. --M

Guest Toni Rauch

MattI hate to get 'political', but that "...guests in our house" comment sounds pretty arrogant to me.Without us "guests", you'd have no "house" for us to visit.....Chill!!Toni.

Toni,<>I'm sorry to say this but I think you're the one being arrogant. The providers and administrators of this forum have invested a lot of time and money to give us a chance to voice our opinions on FS-related issues. It is their forum and they make the rules.I don't think they're asking much but if you feel you can't stick to their requests there is always the other place. If you can log in of course!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yup.... I feel another 'move' coming up.... ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

I'd have to correct that.... we WOULD have a house..... :-)Only with less visitors. And a lock on the gate.But to set things straight here, we (the AVSIM staff) are all in here for fun, to share our hobby with the thousands of other people around the globe. That's first and foremost.However, the way we run this guest house is along the rules set by the owner, who basically likes everybody to visit his private property and share in the fun... as long as you don't trample the flowers.When we all agree on that, no problem at all. For those that do not agree, no problem either.... only the gate will be locked. ;-)And you know guys, I have this T-shirt in mind with the text on the back: "I'd rather be simming ! ". In stead of having these kind of senseless and repeated discussions in here in the middle of the night.I'd better say FS2002 here, otherwise I'd have to move this thread as well... or one of my colleagues might... :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Like Toni said, no guests = no house! We are the ones who have helped make this house what it is over the years, not to mention contribution$.This MSFS forum has been my first place to visit over the past few years. If it can only be used to relate with just MSFS topics and not a combination of real life, real piloting, and MSFS; then it will certainly loose a lot of appeal to me, and others I'm sure. I've enjoyed this AVSIM forum because it does (or at least did)combine real life along with simulating it. And wouldn't you know it, I'm a real pilot who also enjoys simulated flight. Now the moderators seem bent into forcing these two items into seperate camps. The purpose of MSFS is to simulate real life flight. It's not simulating R/C, boats, or Combat which can have their own forums. I don't care to go to the Hangar forum to discuss anything that's real instead of simulated. A real BUMMER!!L.Adamson

Guest Toni Rauch

RayI have no argument with the Forum rules and fully appreciate the necessity for them.It's not so much what Matt said that got to me - it's the way he said it.I think it's a great shame that not many wish to post at the Hangar Chat forum as it's not very well read, but the idea behind the separate forums is of course very sound.Maybe threads like this one will make readers aware of the other forum and encourage them to visit it. But that'll only happen in time and with more publicity so please, Francois, don't move this thread over just yet..... :-outta Toni.

I thought i should chime in on this. First, i clearly see the reason why there are two different forums. The logic is sound. but the fact is that the hangar chat forum gets nowhere near the same kind of readership as the msfs forum. Not too far back i created a thread on US Airways going bankrupt, in which i asked what the impact of the decline of commercial aviation would be to MSFS but that was considered off topic. When the topic was in the MSFS forum it got up to 20 post and was on fire, but when it went to the hangar chat forum it only got two more post and then died away, and there was plenty to talk about with AA cutting 7000 jobs and UA discussing bankrupcy. While i wholeheartedly appreciate why there is seperate forums, maybe moderators should show a bit more flexibilty before deciding to move a post. After all we are human and we cant always go down the line when it comes to rules like this. I know the mods dont want the MSFS forum flooding with unrelated posts but then certain topics that do catch interest should be left as is, maybe even placed in both forums?just my cents

<>It just goes to show the last time I went over there then! :-) Thing is, when you're happy at a site there's no need to wander off elsewhere.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Tony,<>The Post button is very powerful and should be used with care. I'm not pointing any fingers here but sometimes when a topic is a bit contentious it's a good idea to pause before replying. That rule has helped me on more than one occasion :-)I must admit to never having posted in the Hanger. Then again, I rarely post new messages preferring instead to add my six penneth when I feel I can help and sometimes when I feel I have to respond to what has been posted.Agreed, this thread needs to stay around for a while. Plenty of mature discussion is no bad thing!Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather