Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

Moving Messages

Guest Paul_W

>So, let's hypothesize. Hi Scott. Yes, I think that's indeed what you've done in that last message--hypothesize and theorize. But as a practical matter each sim does in fact have its own forum, and so far as I know there is no current issue with one sim's forum getting too many messages intended for another sim. That's simply not a pressing concern (so far as I've read or experienced at least), and neither is there an issue regarding making one giant location for all subjects. Put simply, that's not we're talking about. The current issue, it seems to me, involves moving general interest topics out of MSFS and into the Hangar. And some subjects--for example airline accidents, layoffs, bankruptcies and "celebrity" promotions, not to mention the latest UFO sightings--doubtless belong there. But what about the frequent threads involving computer hardware, and in particular video cards, that appear in the MSFS forum? I'm very interested in that material, and I've learned a lot from the numerous messages that have been posted on these subjects; if someone now says that the time has come to put a stop to that sort of informative cross-pollination then the daily visit to Avsim's MSFS forum will be weakened for me.As another example, if someone asks if X-Plane is any good in the MSFS forum, I really like to read the input on the subject because I'll probably be buying that sim at some point. Likewise, if someone writes up his first experience flying a real Cessna, replete with photos, and then compares it to the simulated version, I find it downright interesting. One of the reasons I'm interested in simulation is because I want to get a good feel for what the real world experience is like, and so I'm naturally interested in hearing from those who have that experience.Basically, if a zealous "clean-up" of the MSFS forum is about to to take place, then as a practical matter I for one, and I'm sure many others, will find the place less interesting and informative than before. And talk of computer directories and logical organization implies a cut-and-dried zeal. On the other hand, if flexibility and common-sense judgment are applied, then I would think the winning game that Avsim has with its MSFS forum will remain just that--and even be improved. Currently I visit just about daily, and I'll probably continue to do so.

Paul wrote:Basically, if a zealous "clean-up" of the MSFS forum is about to to take place, then as a practical matter I for one, and I'm sure many others, will find the place less interesting and informative than before - end quote.I write:At the very least the forums will loose their "character", and read more like a college text.zzzzzzzzzz Not that I need more drama in my life ;-) er, well maybe...........Good post Paul, I agreeRogerhttp://rwlsportscards.com/images/sigs/avsig3.gif

[br]Have to agree with that statement. Your post was very arrogant Matt.

Why?Because you're guests in our house, that's why. We ask you to follow the house rules: post MSFS related stuff in the MSFS forums, and post "off-topic" stuff in the Hangar forum.Messages like the above are just plain arrogant. I don't mind so much "rules" but someone who says something like this has forgoten who has built their house.

>Why? >Because you're guests in our house, that's why. We ask you >to follow the house rules: post MSFS related stuff in the >MSFS forums, and post "off-topic" stuff in the Hangar >forum. >>Messages like the above are just plain arrogant. I don't >mind so much "rules" but someone who says something like >this has forgoten who has built their house. Fred, while I will be the first to recognize that the users play a big part in AVSIM, do not forget that AVSIM is made up of a large group of people that freely give their time and constantly keep trying to come up with ways to get the money that pays for all this service you are accessing. So I think you are missing a very big part of it.

>>I can normally understand that - although I do find it hard >sometimes to understand why any critic of PSS is completely >shut down in this forum when they make MSFS product. That is >not just from today's experience but from day 1 when I have >been here.... Gary, that is a pretty easy one to answer. The reason there shouldn't be any PSS posts in here is because there is a PSS forum here at AVSIM.

Another arogant statement made this time by Scott. You have plenty of sponsers and plenty of people who "freely" give there time and energy to make this site what it is. I wasn't complaining about AVSIM at all. I did however object to Matt's statement.

Problem is they do not like "Negative" comments and their planes are flown in FS2002 which would make them "FS2002" forum material ;-)

Ok, many people have voiced there opinions and all this is going to be discussed. I have responded to a few specific posts but will post a more general reply to all this later. In the meantime, I would ask everyone to please try very hard to not let this get out of line. I'm certainly willing to listen to discussion on forum issues, however, I don't take to well to making all this personal, so let's keep the dicussion from going that direction.

Ok........Even though I started this post and feel strongly against any kind text or topic sensorship of the forums, I have to agree with Scott and say let's wrap this thread up and get back to our cockpits and flight decks and go flying. I think a point has been made. Hey Francois, nice article in Computer Pilot, by the way. I know you took off from Meribel, but how the hell would you find that place if you were going to visit from someplace else? GPS I guess!Alex CN562ZMinneapolis, MN

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Scott,Thank you for the reply. You're right, of course and I apologize for bringing up this old horse. I see in a later post from you that you're going to discuss the matter at hand and this shows me that you're paying attention to what the readers have to say and I appreciate that.