Sign in to follow this  

Grumman Mallard?

Hi everyone, I just returned from a trip to the Bahamas for a couple weeks, and before I left, someone was creating a Grumman Mallard. From what I could tell, it looked great and I was eagerly anticipating updates on its progress. I have been out of the loop, though, for 2 weeks, so to the creator of the plane, is there any progress worth mentioning at this point on the model? I would love to see a turbo Mallard in Chalk's Ocean Airways' colours. :)George

www.simviation.com;)And they look great!Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Thanx for the info guys! I found the albtrosses over at simviation and they are great! Yes, I definitely meant the Mallard. I saw a link to the website on which it was being developed, but I can't find the post with the link or remember the forum member's screen name. Drat! The Mallard has always been my favourite amphibious seaplane (especially the turbo Mallard). I wish I had my camera out a couple days ago for the landing I saw over at Paradise Island (Chalk's Ocean Airways). Well, perhaps some more info regarding the Mallard will surface sooner or later.George

The aircraft designer stated in an earlier post that he hoped to have the mallard out sometime next week (with a little luck). Can't wait to add it to my collection.Keep em flying...

Dude.....DUde....DUDE!!!! Why didn't you let me know !!!? lol Yeah I know a bit late. Plus being a small-fry here ain't to good either!!I could've arranged for a flight around the islands here. Tsk, tsk.....Ah well next time!! Hey if anyone is coming and wants to fly around I can give you names and numbers of persons who would love to take you on a sightseeing slash instruction flight!!! Of course for the price of fuel and so on!!Jayhttp://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

Hey Jason, no worries man. I'm from the Bahamas, and I've been around a little. Maybe when I'm down there again (possibly this winter) we can chat more. My AIM screen name (if you have AIM) is gulfbravo2000. Give me a shout sometime. Cheers!George

It's still on the bench, but getting closer! This is the recip version, not the T-Mallard. Should be soon! Pretty looking plane too!Don

.. I think most if the questions have already been answered by Don & Reddog. It is pretty much ready to go - just doing some final tweaks to the FDE with my co-conspirators (or more to the point they are being done and then sent to me) then the Piston version should be ready.Obviously it would be very rude of us not to provide you with a Turbine version of it as well (so that will be on the cards) along with upgrades to the model(s).Thanks for all the interest..... Don't forget you also have Mike's Goose & Heather's Duck as well - looks like a good month for Grumman fans !!!!