Sign in to follow this  

Airbus A320-200 addon

i recently bought Airbus A320-200 for flight simulator2002. I want to know wether i have to program in all the infoevery time i wan to fly. All i want is to know where i am going and keep the altiude and speed the same thats it i don't want to be programing in for an hour where i am going for a short eueopean flight. I also tried to fly one today but every time i went to put the throttle full blast it turned around 360 degrees which is useless. All i want to know is wether i have to program in every time where i wanna fly to and all that sort of stuff or can i just take off and hold the alt and speed i'm at i would prefer to do that then spend an hour on it programing the waypointsplz helpIan

I think the aircraft may be wrong for you.You cannot properly operate it WITHOUT reading and understanding the manual, and it is designed to be flown via the MCDU.Once you have a flight programmed, you can save it to recall if you want to fly the route again of course.Do the tutorial until you can do the procedures in your sleep. It's the only way to really learn to fly the aircraft (or any complex aircraft, really. Most FS panels are oversimplified, this one isn't).

thanksi can fly it ok only progrmaing the depart arpt amd dest arpt. but i have to know all the wayopints which i don't know where u get them from

I tried the practice tes and it told me to put the flaps up then pull them in while taking off whats the point in that??? anyway it takes ages to progrma in all the info and i do i really have to program in all that info even if i don't know it. i have to fly to tenerife from bristol every time cos i don't know the waypoints??? What is different about the GPS on this airbus??? on the 737 or othe cessnas your can see the aitports as green strips (the approach) thats what i wanna see or something similar. How can i do all these??? thnks again for the helpian

What I really would like is the ability to start the PSS sim withthe engines running. I dont mind the programming of the MCDU, thoughits tough to get a grasp of at first. (I printed the several manual sections and wound up with a 400 + page 3 ring binder! I was away on business this week and found myself in the hotel room for two nights reading that sucker page for page in the quiet away from kids.Slowly, Im getting the hang of it. Though if you save the routes, that will save alot of the data input.Where Im still having trouble is figuring out how and where to figure ZFW and fuel Block etc. Where to go for that stuff?Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest flightpro08

I also agree with one of the replys above. If you don't want to take the time and learn to program your MCDU, then this is diffenitly not the aircraft for you. Stick to the default Microsoft aircraft.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 10480

For the PSS buses, you obtain your ZFW from loadedit and block fuel is the fuel you have onboard prior to turning on the engines, just look at the display, it has the fuel value there. If you have 20,500lbs for example, enter it as 20.5 and you're all set. Same goes for ZFW, 124350lbs would be entered as 124.35 and so on.You can set the bus to start with engines running, use the panel configuration utility.

If you'd read the manual you'd know how to configure the aircraft so you'd have the engines running at startup.I won't tell you how to do it, but it IS possible and actually quite easy to do (in fact, when I install it it defaults to having the engines running on startup and I have to configure it so they are cold).

Dear Jwenting, The manual is huge. I am reading the manual. Thanks for your most helpful message. Why did you even post?Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

u can fly it without reading the manual. i planned a flight like u normaly do on anoy other plane on flight sim. If u get the waypoints and program them in that doesn't take long and i start with the engines on allready. i flew to frankfurt from birmingham and it was perfect. i landed a bit rough but aprt from that perfect flight and perfect landing so suck on that u lot who think u have to read the manual all posh and professional. If u watch the videao and pay attention that can be very useful i watched it the first time and thought after a while this is boring but the second time i was really into it new where everything and everything so there

The cool part about the Airbus is the electronic fly-by-wire system and MCDU. Without it, using GPS, it wouldn't be an Airbus. Heck, it wouldn't even be a Boeing. It would be some dull Cessna with new GPS system in it.There are a few things I suggest you doing before trying to fly the 'bus the proper way.- Do the Rod Machado's flying school (and READ THE MANUAL WITH THE TUTORIALS THERE). I bet you didn't even look into the lessons.- Try to get the licenses- Practice with higher realism settings. (I'm sure you have everything on the left in realism settings. With that, a blind monkey could land a 744... Try landing the Baron in 0 vis using ILS with a 10 knot crosswind... with realism maxed.)As stated above, without programming MCDU, complex operations and maximum realism, the (graceful) A319/20/21 isn't anyting. I mean, if you hand fly it with some autopilot functions on in cruise, then what't the difference between the bus and the 734? Different visual model and paint job. Yeah...I think that you should be ready to read a lot and understand basic principles of (simulated) commercial aviation before trying to fly the 'bus and it's clear you have no clue.I would like to suggest a few other programs to you:- Wolfenstein 3D - start small- Delta Force 2 - might be difficult, map editor has a manual :(- Quake III Arena - has a small manual too :( :(- Commanche 4 - Much more fun flight sim. No MCDU, no joystick... just mouse & keyboard like in the other games. You don't need to know the waypoints... yippee. Oh, yeah... small manual though B)"suck on that u lot who think u have to read the manual all posh and professional" - perfect... i bet the flight was. Now max up the realism, set visibility to 0 and wind to 10 knots from right. Love to see you make a perfect landing there. Maybe make us a video. I hope you do know how to record a FS2K2 video now.