Sign in to follow this  

A message to the "Bear" bashers out there

If you don't like Bear's picks and the information provided by his mini-reviews, then just don't read them. That will leave more bandwidth for those of us who appreciate his efforts.Mike Stone

I'm posting this reply without yet reading the "basher's" comments, but let me say that I truly enjoy Bears pics as a highlight of the month here at Avsim. Bear also makes the greatest screenshots! I do agree with freedom of speech though and if they just disagree so be it. However my freedom of speech says keep on posting Bear!

I think Mr. Bear does a great job in his reviews and the information he provides? It points me to some great files and things I might have missed other wise or may have never known about. Do you think he has ever thought of reviewing movies? :-spacecraft

Guest CX001

I have discovered several excellet aircraft that slipped through thanks to Bear, so I am a full supporter. He is a very fair reviewer, and his reviews match what I would think as well.

Oh Yah !!, I depend on Bears keen eye to point out those files I seemed to have missed. There's always something. :-lol I can't believe anyone would criticize Bear's reviews. There always of a positive nature and clearly come from his heart and the joy of Flightsimming. I guess I'm being too sensitive. :-)SteveCYYZ

Ya gotta luv da Beah!:-kewlM.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I am sure that there are many that will disagree with his reviews, but then again getting everyone to agree on anything is an pretty hard task. Personally I find his reviews great for getting a little bit more information about aircraft in the library and handy pointers to some of the little gems I have missed.Once I have downloaded the aircraft then I can form my own opinion - I don't always agree with his but such is life. I find his reviews a very valuable resource. The comment in the earlier thread was completely uncalled for !!!

I'm sure the "Bear Basher" was just looking for a little attention. I'd suggest ignoring any posts like that.

I only download what Bear recommends. I know it sounds a bit prejudice of me but there's too much stuff out there to go through. Before I had sleepless nights just wanting to try out some new stuff.. oh the nightmares! :)Julian

Guys, please!I recognize and respect several of the names above, so please don't take this the wrong way.I realize the guy who started the other thread was impolitic in the way he said what he said, but I think the assumptions about his motives and the suggestion that he just shut up strike me as rather off the mark. He's been told that he should keep his mouth shut (paraphrase of the first message in this thread) and that he was looking for attention (paraphrase of another post in this thread) just because he expressed a disagreement with the level of scrutiny Bear gives to the things he reviews.Like I said, he could have expressed his opinion better, but really - he was not bashing the man. He was expressing disagreement. I do not share that disagreement, and I think he should refrain from statements like (paraphrased) "bear should do better reviews," but I think he gets to speak up when he thinks a review was particularly misleading.--Tony

>I realize the guy who started the other thread was impolitic >in the way he said what he said, but I think the assumptions >about his motives and the suggestion that he just shut up >strike me as rather off the mark.Hear! Hear!As I posted in the other thread, I think that the individual in question could learn a bit from "A gentleman can disagree without being disagreeable." Suggesting that a muzzle be put on an poster simply because he doesn't agree with Bear's assessment of an aircraft is just as out of bounds as was the comment made by the basher.Besides the help offered in these fora, I enjoy reading the up- and downsides of the aircraft and scenery which are available in the AVISM library. I don't always agree with the reviewers. I have downloaded aircraft simply because of a reviewer with whom I generally agree. Once in a while I'm disappointed.The problem here isn't that Mr. Cartwright is a god among men who shouldn't be criticized. Nor is the problem that the individual who made his uncouth and impolitic comments dared to level criticism. The problem really was style. I think if the person who'd made the comments had shown a little more class and said "Sorry, Bear. I just cannot agree with your call on the Commander. Anybody else feel the same?" there would have been a much different response and the poster would not be sitting there with a -4 rating on his posts.As always, Dennis Miller disclaimer applies -- "That's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

I'd have to agree. Bear usually highlights something I've missed. That Sanger Oregon scenery was a major tip this month!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Whoa now, I agree with you in principal, but I'd like something explained to me, since I seem to be missing it.>>He's been told that he should keep his mouth shut (paraphrase of the first message in this thread)<>If you don't like Bear's picks and the information provided by his mini-reviews, then just don't read them<

Please lock this thread (or just remove it) before I talk my way any further into a hole. You'd think I'd learn wouldn't you? :-outtaMike stone

>Please lock this thread (or just remove it) before I talk my >way any further into a hole. >>You'd think I'd learn wouldn't you? :-outta Oh, you mean that wasn't what you intended to do? ;-)