Sign in to follow this  

Awesome ATR 42-500

Guest RiddlePilot

After studying the SOPs for this beauty, I have to say that she's my newest favorite. If you don't have it, get it. Its by Francisco S

LOL you beat me to the punch man. ;) I was just remarking to myself today how great the plane is! It's a pity that no US carriers currently operate the 42-500 (although American Eagle operates the 72-500). Did Continental Express ever order some of the -500s? Anyhoo, congrats to Sanchez Castaner and his great plane, and I anxiously await his ATR 72 family to accompany it. Cheers!George

I can only second that. I am using the ATR family aircraft from Paco as the workhorse of the fleet of the VA I am working on at the moment and have come to love the ATR 42-300.The only thing I have so far not done is download the latest patches for the 42-300 (V2.01) and since Paco went on holiday and has removed them from his site and I can't seem to be able to find them on the various sites for download I kindly request that some nice soul could email them to me.

Guest Tim W

Anyone done anything to improve the ground handling of this otherwise excellent aircraft? It's a real beast to turn without differential braking.RegardsTim

Guest Boone

Here Here! Great to see others appreciation of one of my favorite downloads. Isn't it gorgeous!? True we do need some re-paints of a north american theme - even if they're just VA'sBoone

Check out Paco's homepage. And the FAQ section there. There he is giving some explanations as to why this is the case and how to remedy it if one wants to, but apparently this is pretty close to the real thing.Unfortunately I don't have his homepage hand, but if you check out Paco's username there is a link there.

Have a look under the ATR 42-300 section. As far as I can see the two aircraft are identical apart from the engine output.

Guest Tim W

Ralph, Thanks for that.RegardsTim

Continental Express had a few -500s for a while. They and the 72s were the first to go. Only a handful of -320s remain.

Dave i do not like to correct spellings ,especially as I am not native English speaker ,but you spelled Fantastic wrongly :)And all the 42-300 textures work with the 42-500 for those interestes ,just copy the props textures from the 42-500 as these are the one diferant :)Anniette xxxxxxxxx

looking for it now, thanks

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest dpc

My Apologies! Splendid, Awesome, Terrific.