Sign in to follow this  

How are the Bonanzas by Carenado??

Im thinking of getting the V-tailed Bonanza model from Carenado and was wondering how the Carenado models are in general?VC cockpit? Custom Sounds? are they GMAX? etc.....Is it worth the 15 bucks?Thanks to all who reply!Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I like mine for the most part. They are not Gmax and they do not have VC's, they do fly well and I think for 15 bucks, they are the best bonanza around. They are not as good as other pay ware such as FSD and if you are expecting the same quality you will be dissappointed. If you really want a bonanza, they are fine.

Guest Moghdad

Absolutely! I have been flying the V-tail exclusively for the past few weeks.I took it on a simulated cross-country tour from Chicago down through Oklahoma and New Mexico to the Grand Canyon, then Las Vegas, San Diego, Las Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, up through Oregon and on to Seattle. I landed and took off at all kinds of airfields from ILS runways at international airports to backwoods grass strips. The Bonanza has good speed and is fun to fly. Very smooth, powerful, and easy to control at all different speeds. It's also stunning to look at, expecially the American registry version with the red-and-white 70's style paint job.I recommend it.

Guest Moghdad

They are GMax and do have a VC.

So they do/don't have a VC and are/aren't GMAX??I got 2 different answers :(Shane

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Who the heck said it doesn't have a VC??? Mine has a VC, allbe not the best VC considering you're paying for it, but a great plane none-the-less.

Thanks for the info guys!So is the aircraft GMAX?1 guy said it was and another guy said it wasn't :/Soooo...is it?Thank you so far!!:)Shane

Ark

Not sure if it's gmax or not, but it's not hard on the frame rates ;-)

Does it have reflective textures?If it does that might be a good indicator. I ask because some of the pictures I've seen I could have sworn I saw reflective textures but can't be sure :/Shane

Ark

Shane,Once you get beyond the old "ethics" issues involving Carenado, the Bonanza is not all that bad.I own the F33A, not the new V35. I find the exterior model of the F33A to be visually stunning, but I am a sucker for the pretty ladies :-lol. However, the 2D panel leaves a little bit to be desired. There also were some original flight model issues, but Steve Small posted a "tune up" a while back. Very nice of him, considering. I don't know if the new V35 comes with a custom sound package, but the F33A did not. I like the VC on the F33A, but the gauges are not near as crisp compared to the DF archer or others.I would also recommend Geof's Debonair. Very nice indeed.So, in summation, if you are dead set on a Bonanza.....I guess the Carenado package is worth looking into. I would also recommend Geof's Debonair. Very nice indeed. But if you are just looking for a single prop GA, I would first recommend the Dreamfleet Archer 2, which in my opinion is the best single p GA release to date.Good Luck,Rogerhttp://rwlsportscards.com/images/sigs/avsig3.gif

I'd take the bonaza anyday over the Debonair (sorry Geoffa, but the damn gear breaks on me evertime I get off the pavement ;-) ).

Hi Roger, thanks for the response.I am planning an around the world flight and would like something a little bit faster then the Archer. But you are correct, my friend has the Archer and it looks absolutley fantastic!He does have problems in VC mode with FPS and he has the same system as mine so I'm kind of weary of purchasing it :/Also, we both have top of the line systems.If the above makes any sense, lol.Shane

Ark

>He does have problems in VC mode with FPS and he has the >same system as mine so I'm kind of weary of purchasing it :/ >>Also, we both have top of the line systems. >>If the above makes any sense, lol. >>ShaneShane,I had a strange problem with the Archer stuttering in VC mode. Same problem I have with the Supercub 180 (FSD). And my sim machine isn't exactly swiss cheese either. This was solved by lowering the VC gauge quality when running those aircraft. Even then, the vc quality in the Archer was superior to that of the F33A IMHO. But in all fairness, the F33A was released long (relative) before the Archer. The V35 might have a nicer set than my F33A.Good Luck,Rogerhttp://rwlsportscards.com/images/sigs/avsig3.gif

Thanks for the quick reply Roger!I appreciate it. I'll let my buddy know about that VC fix and see if it helps him out. Hmmmm, I may have to give that Archer a second look :)Thanks again!Shane

Ark