Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrianC

Coyote SN3308 EFIS ..any one used this yet ?

Guest Satchmo

Has anyone purchased this tasty looking new piece of avionics ?It looks quite impressive..any new owners care to post up theirfirst impressions ?Cheers :-wave Satchmo

I only downloaded it yesterday and haven't had a lot of time with it yet. but:You can try for yourself! there is a free trial version available...

Guest Satchmo

Thanks for the info (and apologies for the late reponse :-shy ).I downloaded the demo, but cannot get to work. I tried the provided panel.cfg as well as editing my own, but still not luck. All I get is a blank HSI.Anyone else has any luck ?Cheers :-wave Satchmo

Guest BrianC

There's a filename mismatch. In the panel.cfg you'll see "san3308.gau" or somesuch, while the demo file is called "san3308a.gau". Rename the file and you'll be OK.I bought the gauge a couple nights ago. It works very well with the RealityXP FlightLine GPS. If you slave the Coyote 3308 to the GPS, it automatically changes the course for the next leg after you reach each waypoint. It's like magic. :) The reduced load in IFR flight is very nice. I guess it probably does that with the stock GPS too, but with RealityXP it automatically adjusts the deviation scale as appropriate.Check out the "Getting the Most" section of the user guide, with the sample ILS approach, for how the gauge is a boon for instrument flight. http://reality-xp.com/Coyote/sn3308.htmIt's a real nice gauge to have for any small plane. It even appears in virtual cockpits (although not in the demo version). My only complaint there is that the CDI is not correct, although the heading is. It must just rotate a static bitmap in the VC.I'm going to be spoiled by the time I do my real world instrument training. ;)Brian

Guest Satchmo

Thanks for the info Brian. :-beerchug Its now up and running. I have to say this is a nice piece of programming and that fact that it hooks up with the RealityXP avionics is 'wicked'.I can't believe how little discussion there has been on this group concerning this great little add-on!Cheers :-outta Satchmo

Guest BrianC

Well yesterday the CDI was not moving in the virtual cockpit. Today, however, it is working fine. I tried several planes and it works great, so chalk up that earlier comment to gremlins. The CDI works fine in the VC.Brian