Sign in to follow this  
Guest DSN

Is Intelligent ATC possible in FS2002 with FSUIPC?

G'day,I notice that it is possible to extract information through FSUIPC of the positions of AI aircraft. Does this mean that it is also possible to send information to these aircraft? Would it be 'possible' to create an alternative ATC engine or append to the current one?Bryn.----------------------http://www.brynmwr.com

Negative,fsuipc allows reads and writes from FS but these particular values are read only.

Guest DSN

I think it is possible to create third party ATC software to replace the ATC system in FS2002. Unfortunately, we need a few things from MS to make that possible1) SDK/API for sending control messages to the AI aircraft (including speed restrictions)2) A way of turning off the 'built-in' ATC so AI aircraft only respond to commands from the 'new ATC system'There is already a mechanism in place via FSUPIC to report positions of AI aircraft to another process.I think the biggest problem, but not the only, with the current ATC system is separation of aircraft. Inclusion of some mechanism to better space the aircraft (either through better vectoring or speed restrictions) would be the most beneficial. The other functions of the system work fairly well (although bizarre at times)-DSN

Is it conceivable that this could change? It seems that whenever Microsoft has not been forthcoming with an SDK, we have just done it ourselves.I think a good point is already made in that really only a very few changes would have to be made and those would include getting rid of the 10 metre seperation on finals. Bryn.----------------------http://www.brynmwr.com