Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

I hate the endless loop error!!!

Guest gasebah

Hi y'all,I really start to hate this. Time and time again I get the endless loop. Sometimes it does not happen for a week, than again I will have three in one day. The greatest problem is that you relly cannot put a finger on it as it comes from time to time, making it almost impossible to find out what BIOS setting or what driver would cure it.Usually it hits me after I planned a long flight, got my wether set up, hit the flightplan in the FMC loaded it in flightmax and Lord knows what else.... arrrrrrrrrrgh!Just wanted to get this from my chest.AlexP.S.: For those of you who do not know what the endless loop is...be happy, don't ask. For those who had it but got rid of it: Post ur cure!For all others that live their lives in misery, let us shed some tears together.

Alex, are you talking about the bit where your situation finally starts, then (for no apparent reason) it reloads a moment later ... and then repeats endlessly? I had this happen a couple of times and found that I could stop it by pressing "y" to go into slew mode, moving the plane a bit, and then turning off slew mode (and re-saving the situation!).If this isn't the loop you're talking about, I haven't experienced it. :)--Tony

Guest jase439

No, he's referring to the Infinite Loop BSOD that infests VIA-based chipsets and the GeForce series.The only thing that worked for me on my VIA board was slowing the card to AGP 2x and disabling fast-writes and side-banding. Of course, since I am now using pure Intel technology, I don't have this problem at all.J

Guest gasebah

Yeah, I know. I will have to try this. Although I hate to slow down my system intentionally. I will go back after some time anyway and see if it still happens. Next year it will be Intel time for me too.Alex

Hmmm.....Running XP1800 on an Abit mo/bo, GFTi3, all nice and stable; AGP 4x but no side-band or fast writes, from what I have read they offer no real improvement.

Guest gasebah

Vulcan,I did not have this problem with the Athlon XP1800+ and the GF4Ti4600 either for a very long time (only with older drivers). But since I changed to an athlon XP2100+ it came back. However as of today I am running FS2002 with AGP completely off. Not only does it improve smoothness and framerates, it is also completely stable (chk my other thread.

With XP and 98 you can set the CPU->AGP bridge as CPU->PCI bridge, and that will stop the lockups for always.I dont see any difference in FPS.VIA KT266A mobo here.. the first, and the last!Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdMy help may not me much usefull, or usefull much..eh?http://people.zeelandnet.nl/johd/index2/Ar...s/Leg1/klm5.jpgTrue Blue! K L M!

AlexThe Geforce tweak utility, NVMAX, has a "BSOD Infinite loop fix" in the Miscellaneous options section... may be worth a try.(It can be found at www.majorgeeks.com)Good luckMurphy

Guest gasebah

Yeah I tried this. But the infinite loop has many reasons and only one of them is covered with fix by NVmax. Moreover NVMax does not support the latest drivers.Alex

From the Via forums:I found in this forum: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video someone posted a temporary fix for this ridiculous problem. I tried it and it works! Do the following: The problem is related to NVIDIAs program interface to the low level AGP chipset driver. The TEMPORARY fix (until NVIDIA and MS finally wakes up and fixes this the right way) is as follows: Right Click on My Computer. Select Properties. Click the Hardware Tab. Click the Device Manager Button. Click the + next to System devices. Right Click on CPU to AGP Controller. Click Update Driver. Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), then click the next button. Select Dont search. I will choose the driver to install, then click the next button. Select PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge, then click the next button. Click finish when prompted, then reboot when prompted. Please understand that this will disable AGP texturing support and in slow down your video system somewhat, but it sure beats having to deal with lockups and blue screens. I personally didn notice any slowdown.. same fps as with AGP, only AGP locks up within 1-30 minuts. :-(Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdMy help may not me much usefull, or usefull much..eh?http://people.zeelandnet.nl/johd/index2/Ar...s/Leg1/klm5.jpgTrue Blue! K L M!