Sign in to follow this  
Guest andrewluck

Problem with missing controllers

Guest andrewluck

LefterisI had taken a look through the old messages and hadn't seen any references to not seeing certain controllers in the ATC directory. I did try restarting the program and I still had the same ones missing.I'm working behind a firewall here so all incoming IP sessions are blocked but as far as I was aware SB just uses Telnet on port 23. Anyway, if it were a comms problem I'd expect to not see any controllers.Can you point me in the direction of any documentation on how the software actually works? Something like an RFC would be great :-). I'm particularly interested in how the list of online controllers is filtered to only show ones in the immediate neighbourhood.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Hi AndrewCan't help you with the question about how the ATC window is built but just FYI, SB uses Port 3089, not 23

Guest andrewluck

You're right. Can't even begin to guess where I got 23 from :-)Unfortunately, tonight I tried connecting with SB before my Internet connection was up and I now have a hosed copy of Fly! Re-install time again. :-(Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest andrewluck

Got out of the reload. Had to replace a corrupted file.Haven't seen the missing controllers problem again. I did a complete reload of Fly! at the weekend though so maybe that had something to do with curing it. Who knows :-)What I did see lsat night was a problem with radio tuning. EGSS ground was on xxx.72 (can't remember the exact freq) but after clicking the tune button and receiving his ATIS I couldn't communicate via text. Talking to the tower revealed that I was tuned to xxx.717 as far as they could see. I presume this is a problem with the SDK function for tuning the radio.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH