Sign in to follow this  

New To ProController

check IVAO, the training department and your division for rules and regs, sectorfiles and training sessions.

Thanks for your answer,but I have still some questions: where can I get the IP address of the server which I must type when I connect to the network?I allways get an error when I wannna connect.And can I choose which area I want?Maybe thats the reason.Sorry, but its the fist time I do that so hope you can understand that and I hope that you will help me as well!Regards,Mario

As I understand it, you are given an area of responsibility when assigned a rating.The servers are the same ones you use when flying with Squawkbox, I guess you can get the ip addresses from there (or ask an instructor).

Hello,This is my first post so i hope it works hehe.Ok, on VATSIM and on IVAO as well (I believe) you can choose your own position wich you will cover when providing virtual ATC. Both networks are divided into smaller regional departments (mostly countries). You should join one of those, because there you will have to go for upgrades etc. But the choice wich to join is yours, and you don't have to work there all the time, but that is prefered.The IP's are the easiest to find with a program like Servinfo (wich is THE best prgrm anyway) wich will give you all the relevant server statistics including pings.The Sector Files are available through the divisions and or the IVAO website, under database. You can have your own sectorfiles created there just check it out, it is really simple.Once you signed up with one of the divisions you will find a lot of users that have been through the same stages you will go through and most are more than willing to help you out.Regards,Bj