Sign in to follow this  

Procontroller behind a firewall

Ive given up with SB and am soley using PC as a controller. It works fine at home but id like to know if i can use it at university on a network which is definitly behind a firewall - dont know anything about it though sry.when ive tried before i get an error 1061 or something.So if you could help id much appreciate it and also does any one know what the latest version is pls, i have 2.2.thanksGeorge

Hello George,The latest version of PC is indeed 2.2 so you are up-to-date =]About the networking stuff behind a firewall, I am running behind a hardware NAT firewall wich is (as far as I know) configured to only let normal internet traffic through and NOTHING else (so every other port is blocked). I'm not a firewall expert so I could be very wrong.However, PC runs fine with me, no problems at all. The best way to find out however is just try it (I guess). RW is running fine as well.Hope you will get PC running at your university.Regards,Bj

thankyou Bjorn,glad im up to date :)i have tried it and it just gives me an error back and dissconects me before im even connected!ah well ill keep trying cheersGeorge