Sign in to follow this  

Pb using IPX for SB +WideFS

I cannot connect SB to FS2002 on IPX . It works on TCP/IP but as i use DHCP i always have to check the IP .....Situation :WideFS V5.01 start , it start RW (MkId3) + SB 2.3build5The Multiplayer stuff request to choose TCP/IP , IPX .... ,i take IPX, then i click search and i CAN SEE the Multiplayer sessioncreated on FS2002. Then i click on JOIN and ..... wait....wait ...nothing happenany idea ? I dont think there is an IPX install pb due to the fact WideFS run fine.This is my config :I got 2 PC :PC1 :WIN2000/zoneAlarm/CableModem... + WideFS + SB PC2 :WIN2000 + FS2002 multiplayerWideFS Client INI file:[Config]Port=8002Window=32000,32000,112,27Visible=YesTimeout=20ServerNode=0.0.0.59880.61548Log=PartRxShowCounts=YesRun1=C:Program FilesRoger Wilcoroger.exeRun2=C:Program FilesSquawkBoxSB Host.exeRun3=C:Program FilesSquawkBoxsquawkbox.exeActions=test1,test2Actionkeys=YesKeySend1=RWonKeySend2=RWoff

Hello fgignoux,Maybe you won't have to use IPX after all. I also use WideFS and I use it on TCP/IP too, I got it working via IP adres but that is because my DHCP gives me the same IP everytime, but that is another thing.I thought I remembered something that might help you, I checked it out in the user manuals and guess what? It happened to be there, now let's hope it works =]Ok getting to the point, WideFS supports to ways of identifiing the server, by IP (wich is obviously not the easiest for you :) ) and via the computer NAME. This should be stable and stay the same as long as you don't change it.I quote from the manual:> And these two lines to the [Config] section of each WideClient.ini >file:>UseTCPIP=Yes>ServerName=NameOfServerSo what you should do is replace the ServerIPAdress=xxxxxxx part with the ServerName=xxxxxx part (in your old (or newly created) TCP/IP .ini file)In case you might have forgotten the name of your computer (I am using XP Pro but 2000 is quite the same i guess):Right click on the "My computer" iconleft on propertiesThen a window called "System properties" shows up,In XP (hope in 2000 it is similar) there is a tab "Computer name" and on that page it says (with me e.g.): Full computer name: Computer1 (I'm so original, I know :] ), That's basicly it (I hope) so I would ad UseTCPIP=YesServerName=Computer1to the config file, and according to the manual it should work then!Hope it works for you too, and otherwise just post again :),Regards, Bj