Sign in to follow this  

how to close the annoying multiplayer text scroll...??

you know what I mean - that text scroll across your screen every time there is a communication between controller and pilot?? How do you shut the damn thing?? I use voice, so I don't want to see it. Besides, it slows down the framerates. If I write click on it and say close, it just pops right back up again, at the next comms.RegardsSSunil Mulay

Guest ilh

Are you talking about the red text on a green background? If so, I don't know how to get rid of it, but you can change it to non-scrolling, and as such it doesn't stick around as long.I think there is a scrolling option under OptionsGeneral, but if not, there is also TEXT_SCROLL=0 in FS2002.cfg.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

yeah, that's the one. would be nice, if we could just kill it completely, wouldn't it?but thanks, I'll turn off the scroll anyway.Sunil Mulay

Guest Phoenix_7

was wondering the same thing and asked Richard Green(VATSIMUK)he suggested getting the AdvDisplay module from Peter Dowson, it can be found athttp://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlyou can then select "hide always" and no more text messageJohn

When in multiplayer, if you press enter the FS chat box will appear. When this chat box is visible then all these messages will go into this chat box instead of scrolling on the top of your screen (well, almost, you will still get occasionaly scrolling messages like "xxx has joined the session" when there is another aircraft that comes within your visible range, but NOT the ATC-pilots communications).You can make this chat box very small (resize by dragging a corner) and move it to a position on your screen that doesn't obstract you. Otherwise, Pete Dawson's AdvDispl is a very good solution as already mentioned. Michael Frantzeskakishttp://avsim.com/hangar/utils/servinfo/

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

John thanks for the plug - but its VATUSA :-lolRichard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director

I usually just make the green scrolling text box really small. When the box is open (can be hard to catch it sometimes LOL) grab one edge of it (I usually grab right side) and pull it accross till it's tiny and let go of mouse. Next time the window opens it will only be as big as it was when you let go of the mouse. If you make it really tiny (like 4 pixels wide) you won't notice it even coming up. This is what I often do, but I sometimes like to have it there, just so I can monitor text traffic without opening SBhost, in this case though I always make it smaller, taking up about 1/16th screen across.