Sign in to follow this  

Problem loading SB with HostSB

Hi everyone. SB worked fine for me for ages. Now all of a sudden it crashes every time i try to start it up. It happens after i pass through the MP connect box. Before it loads the splash screen, it crashes with a user32.dll error. Then the HostSB screen freezes inside FS2K2 and i cant move or hide it. All i can do is close FS2K2 and try again.This does not happen when i start SB using the SB Host program that comes with it. But i like HostSB so i do not have to switch out of Full screen to use SB. This has never happened before. I do not know why its happening now all of a sudden.Could this be a graphics problem, or an SB problem? I reinstalled FS2K2 and SB and it still happens. Any help would be appreciated.Chris LezamaAthlon XP 2000+512 MB RAMGeForce 2 GTS/Pro 64 MBNvidia 23.12 driversFS2002 ProfessionalSquawk Box 2.3 b5

Guest rcritz

You don't say what OS you are running. However, I've found that on XP, I must switch FS into windowed mode while I'm bringing SB up inside HostSB. Once it's up and running, I can go back to full-screen mode in FS with no difficulties until it's time to shut down. I see crashes no matter what I do when I'm shutting SB/HostSB/FS down.

I am running Windows XP Professional. However, i have been for a long time now and i have never had this problem. I always loaded SB with Host SB just fine without needing to change to windowed mode first. I just alt tabbed out of full screen and loaded SB then went back to FS2k2 soon as SB finished loading. This has just happened recently and i have not the slightest idea of what could be causing it. I will try the windowed mode and see what happens though. Thanks!Chris Lezama