Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

FS2002 crashes when selecting some aircraft

I first had this problem when I installed Warren's ArrowIII with the update;When selecting the aircraft from the menu, FS2002 would either crash to the desktop, or freeze at the aircraft selection screen.I mailed the author about the problem and he said noone else had reported any problems.I eventullay found the problem myself. One of the gauges caused my FS2002 to crash, the CPT.RKG_Fuelstat gauge to be more exact. I simply removed it and the aircraft worked (but without the gauge, of course).I thought it was a specific problem with that aircraft, but today the same thing happened with another aircraft, the "1975 Piper Cherokee 180 LN-ROG v1.0"(pa28_lnrog.zip) behaved exactly the same way, even after installing the updated aircraft.cfg. When selecting it, FS2002 just frooze. I removed the entire panel.cfg file and the aircraft worked (but with no gauges or panel bitmap). My system does not like Piper airplanes... :-eekSo it seems something is making FS2002 crash when certain gauges are used. I have not yet figured out which of the Cherokee gauges causes it to crash. It shares some of the gauges with the Carenado Tomahawk and it works fine so it must be another gauge that is causing it.I figured there's no point in mailing the author this time, since this is now surely a problem with my FS2002 installation, and it's getting annoying that I can't use some ac without removing gauges first.What would cause this? I have tried running FS2002 in software mode and I have tried different videocard drivers.Could it be WindowsXP? I think some other plane I downloaded required a patch for WindowsXP.Any suggestions?:-eek

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

What version of FS2002 are you running? Standard or Pro?Also some specifics about your hardware alwasy helps.Best regards,Francois :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

FS2002 ProAthlonXP1900+, Epox 8KHA+, 512MB RAM, Geforce3 Ti500 (30.82 drivers), WindowsXP.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Unfortunately I do not run WinXP (or perhaps not so unfortunately, who knows ;-) ) and I do not have any of those aircraft. But I would not think the problem is in your FS2002 installation when all the other aircraft you have DO work correctly.It really is a matter of trying to find the problem by subtracting possibilities. Back up your gauges and aircraft folder, then restore only the original gauges and aircraft from MS.Then load any of thos two aircraft and see what happens. If it crashes, it has to do with those only.....If that is the case, you will need to find somebody else with the same config and aircraft and see if it works for him/her/them.If there is a problem there too... then ask the author :-) :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog