Sign in to follow this  
Guest mcd211255

A newbie question ??????? forgive my ignorance (and spe

Guest mcd211255

Hi,You may find this to be a stupid question but have only been flying with SB for a week even though I still remember using Microprose FS1 b4 Microsoft took them over.I am registered with Vatsim-uk but can I fly anywhere in the world. Could I for example pop up at a gate at LAX in a United B777 and file a plan to JFK. Dont want to tread on any ones's toes or get suspended.ThanksMike852544BTW I think all the controllers I have spoken with so far have been very professioanl and very helpful. Well done to them all.

Hi!Don't apologize for being a newbie. We've all been there! :-)Regarding your question it is perfectly ok to pop up anywhere you like and fly! You are actually registered at Vatsim, period. When you connect, you connect to on of the servers that vatsim has in their network. In your case VATSIM-UK. I would recommend you to join any of the many great Virtual Airlines around the globe.

Guest mcd211255

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the 'formallity' of the Vatsim network and didnt want to 'upset' someone.Already planning my route for the big 'fly in' Saturday 5th.Looking forward to many hours of fun with Vatsim.I used to fly with Noble Air and clocked up 100's of hours with them. The longest being EGLL to VHHH in normal speed but did leave it on autopilot whilst having a doze.I will have to look around at the virtual airlines.Thanks again.Mike

>Hi, >>You may find this to be a stupid question but have only been >flying with SB for a week even though I still remember using >Microprose FS1 b4 Microsoft took them over. >>I am registered with Vatsim-uk but can I fly anywhere in the >world. Could I for example pop up at a gate at LAX in a >United B777 and file a plan to JFK. Dont want to tread on >any ones's toes or get suspended. Well -- you CAN! But that's only if you can understand the American accents !!! :) My biggest problem!! :) Why don't they speak the Queens' English (as spoken in Eastern Australia , of course! ) :)Barry