Sign in to follow this  

Flight routing line between waypoints question.

I've notice when flying on VATSIM using Squawkbox and my TCAS that the 'moving map' display (if you can really call it that-it does display the waypoints of your route though)--does a few odd things and I want to make sure that I'm not making some sort of newbie operating errors to make this stuff happen.Firstly-everytime I fly past my first waypoint the waypoint and routing display doesn't cycle to the next waypoint or points. In other words--my flight plan line is still depicted ahead--but acts like it's connected from the tail of my aircraft to the first waypoint that I crossed and remains that way throughout the remainder of the flight. Even the ETE and distance displays on the progress page seem to act as though I'm still supposed to be going to that first waypoint. Am I supposed to be manually cycling or moving the waypoints on Squawkbox as I fly over them somehow? I've sort of tried messing with the FMS in Squawkbox--moving the waypoints to the current waypoint position to see if that solves it--but it doesn't.Secondly---I never seem to be able to get my destination airport to display for some reason on this map(TCAS display) after the last waypoint on an arrival. These two problems are baffling me as I've flown thousands of realtime hours using many different real FMS's and I still can't solve this virtual version's quirks!AQ