Sign in to follow this  

Lago Honolulu - Question for users

Hi All I love this scenery but it seems at least for me that airport buildings and other objects do not show up at the same distances as other major airports. It seems (havent done a formal test) that you have to be much closer than other airports I have approached. Can anyone verify this at their end. I also have trees in automobile roads close to the terminals. Im not sure but maybe using Gerrish's mstrees2 may be the culprit but have not yet verified. Using his version creates many more trees than others I have used.Appreciate your feedbackBobG

Thanks BobI read the thread and it's not just me. Not sure how they may address this but I do think it should be configurable. I hope they address this one as it to me is really an issue.TksBobG

>It seems (havent >done a formal test) that you have to be much closer than >other airports I have approached. Bob,This is done by design. The general guidance principle was to make an object appearing only when it serves a purpouse. For example, the taxiway signs appears only when the distance is close enough to be able to read the sign. Before that, is useless and it just taking frame rates without giving any information. The design goal was quite high, for FS standards, because I don't like to fly with less than 25-30 fps steady, and this is reachable with HNL, with a modern machine. We also wanted the scenery to be enjoyable also for people with less than stellar PCs. It's still possibile to reach 15 fps on a 900 mhz P3, something that its really out of reach with other sceneries around.I admit to have been driven with this choice by seeing the AVSIM demographics, where it seems that many people are still using PIII-class machines.We are thinking a way of let the users configure the optimizations, it will maybe appear in a further upgrade.best regards,