Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

CSL over widefs?

Guest Lobaeux4

I'm using Squawkbox over widefs and I'm not getting any of the CSL aircraft to come up. Every aircraft I see looks just like me. I've got the CSL aircraft folder in 'aircraft' under the computer running FS2K2. Here is the folder it's in: F:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002aircraftCSL I've also got a copy of CSL_ICAO.csv installed in the main directory of my FS folder.I've got the CSL_ICAO.csv installed on the computer running SB. I've also got a C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002aircraftCSL folder on the computer running widefs.What am I doing wrong in order to get CSL aircraft to show up? I'll try dl'ding one more time and installing again to see if it shows.Lobaeux

I posted a lengthy reply to this yesterday, but don't know what happened to it :-(Just to be sure PCs are set up correctly, although I am sure they are if SB runs OK apart from the aircraft problem.One PC (Server) running FS2002, no 'Net connection needed.One PC (client) with'Net connection running SB, RW, and whatever else.Both PCs running Widefs with 'wideserver' in FS2002modules and 'wideclient' in its own folder on the client PC. CSL folder where you have it, FS2002aircraftCSL, backup aircraft.csl file and rename it aircraft.cfg. This folder is not needed on the client PC.This renaming stops the CSL aircraft showing in the aircraft selection box thus reducing that list and preventing you from trying to fly a CSL aircraft.'CSL_ICAO.csv' in the SB folder on the client PC, nowhere else.To 'squawkbox.ini' (Windowssquwakbox.ini) addWIDEFSVER=3 as first line below the SB section {SB} (square brackets)That *should* allow you to see others in their own livery, assuming they have CSl setup correctly and you have their livery on your system.Another 'trick' which recently emerged is to file your flight plan with the correct aircraft BEFORE you connect to Vatsim, this sets your aircraft type and livery.Then, once connected to Vatsim, resend your flight plan so the controlelrs can see it.HTH

Guest Lobaeux4

Got everything set up just like you said, up until the 'squawkbox.ini' setting. I added it and hoping that'll work. I'll be trying it later on this evening. I usually file over the web first, then, lol, try to remember what I filed and refile once I'm connected to Vatsim. That's a good idea.Thanks for the help. I'll let know how it worked.Lobaeux

Hello Lobaeux!if you file over the web there is no need to resend your flightplan when you got connected. Resending the f/p will only issue a resend of the web-flightplan. If your flightplan has been modified by a controller using ASRC, klicking "resend" will re-distribute the modified flightplan rather than the original web-flightplan. It

Guest Lobaeux4

Hello Martin,Great, I was always under the impression that I could use the autofile for my VA on the web, then I'd refile using SB. Not sure why I was always doing that, maybe just force of habit. Thanks for letting me know, cuts back a little on my preflight planning.Lobaeux

Hi,One more question. Is it absolutely necessary to have the internet connection on the client pc? Can you just share the connection on the server and use that to connect from the client?